Partial Double D???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnelson

Reaction score
Does anyone know what would happen if you did the Double D without the second spring? Just replace the half disc, spring, seat and wire with a full disc and reassemble.

I am not wanting a stronger clutch, but the wire was screwed up when I disassembled to replace second gear, and a new disc is nearly the same cost as the wire.

I really don't know what the wire/half disc/spring accomplishes, unless it's a positive clutch disengagement.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 25
Does anyone know what would happen if you did the Double D without the second spring? Just replace the half disc, spring, seat and wire with a full disc and reassemble.

I am not wanting a stronger clutch, but the wire was screwed up when I disassembled to replace second gear, and a new disc is nearly the same cost as the wire.

I really don't know what the wire/half disc/spring accomplishes, unless it's a positive clutch disengagement.

Please let me know your thoughts.

A bit less clutch slip (due to replacing the half sized disc with a full disc), a bit harsher engagement (due to eliminating the clutch boss spring & its corresponding spring seat), same lever pull.

Back