past owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkone

Reaction score
how would you find out who used to own bike if bought at dealership?

Vin Verification. Most states have a form you can file to do an owner check. Takes a month or more in some cases but the cost is usually minimal.

Sean

Probably if you bought it from a dealer, the dealer most likely never put it in the dealers name, they usually don't, they hold the title and transfer it out of the prev. owners name using their power of attorney on the title when they sell it.

Who does your title state as the p.o.?

Other than that I think you have to access the state data base to find out, not sure how to do that.......

A single Cyclechex Motorcycle History Report costs $24.95 or you can purchase 3 reports for $49.95. Click on the Order Report tab for details.

Note: If no historical information is available, you will be given the opportunity to purchase a "VIN Decode only" for $1.99.

I know every state has a DMV records, you only need to go to the office in your county that you live and you pay for the last know owner information. some states may not give much info out because privacy laws, if the vehicle was not last taged in your state they can tell you what state it came from. If it is out of state it takes longer but not much more than a day or so but mail time. Kentucky charges 2.00 per request and varies state to state. I know this for a fact, I help a impound lot and have to get that information all the time.

Here in Texas it is a 2.50-5.00 fee and fill out a form then get a print out of either the last registered owner or a complete list of previous owners. I have purchased bikes from individuals without titles and used this system to track down the last know registered owner and got them to obtain a duplicate title for me. Im sure in Ohio there are very similar ways to do this but Ive never tried there

Back