Pennsylvania 1, me 0. I laid Veronica down.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTwistedNomad

Reaction score
Here is what happened. We were coming down from the highest point on Route 44, between Renovo and Coudersport, there was fresh pavement covered in dust and a little gravel and I was in a tight s turn. halfway through the first corner a deer came out of the ditch right in front of me. i was able to get around the deer but by the time I did i was past the apex of the next bend and was unable to make the needed turn. So I hit the brakes hard, which stood the bike up, sending me towards the ditch. If I had 2 more feet of pavement I would have been fine. Instead there was a 6 inch drop from the pavement to the gravel which caught either my engine guard or the kickstand. Stopped the bike dead in the gravel and sent me over. My gear took most of the damage but I landed on my hand funny which broke it. I was able to pick the bike up and the guy I was riding with turned around and we were able to get the bike out. I rode about 120km back to where we were staying with one hand, using my forearm to work the clutch. Bent engine guard, broken mirror and some scratches on the scoop and gas tank. Bike is in a storage unit in Bradford, PA at the moment. Once I can get down there and get it home I will be able to see all the damage. As far as I could tell it is all cosmetic as felt nothing funny while riding it back to Bradford. Eventually I will be looking for replacement parts. I think my ego hurts worse than my hand. LOL:bang head:

That sucks glad you came out mostly unscathed as always could have been a lot worse. I defiantly will think of this while I'm in Maggie Valley, hope your recovery is fast, take care

Veronica will be fixed and you'll heal. Glad it wasn't worse. Feel better soon and bring her back home and get back on the road again.

Doug

Anytime a full recovery is likely it's more of a win. It's why we wear gear and glad your alright. Props for riding so far with a broken hand, takes some fortitude.

Riding gear......very important & seldom used. My gear saved me earlier this summer. It WORKS, & you never know when you will put it to The Test ! Good for you. I cant image driving that distance with a broken hand, OUCH.

Back