Perplexing problem - can anyone help?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure yet, some people it still works, others no so much. let me know hows yours works out, i'm running r1 cops as well, so it may have to do with the R1's. not sure tho.

I will find out soon - when I get my Jardines actually. While I was doing the valve adjustment I took it all apart again, and noticed that my Tboost was wired to the positive coil wire :whistlin: so I've swapped it to the red/white (-) and will see what happens when I can run again past 3000 rpm without having all the neighbors come out with their machine guns.. :rofl_200:

COP worked a treat no more miss fire.:eusa_dance: Such a easy mod to do. Wish i had got some with the original wire harness as well. Ended up soldering the wires on to the COPs. no big deal. T-Boost still working as well.:clapping:Thanks for the responces

Off a 2004 R1 had to switch the T-Boost lead around that where connected to the coil. The original way round it didnt work.

Off a 2004 R1 had to switch the T-Boost lead around that where connected to the coil. The original way round it didnt work.

Yes please! Elaborate on your switching?

Mine's still not working, and my Tboost is connected to the negative lead of the #4 cylinder coil ('86 Max).

I started discussing this problem here:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=4518

I'm bringing it up again because I don't know that it is a carb problem.

Basically, my Max just started running like absolute crap from about 60 percent throttle to 100 percent (full) throttle. I haven't done anything except spray sea foam in the vboost manifold ports about a week or two ago. That was the day the problems began. Feels like the bike is running on 3 cylinders when you try to wind it up. There is no difference after 6500rpm.

I have tried 2 different sets of replacement plugs. Carbs have been synched multiple times. Vboost cycles on startup. Replaced fuel filter a few months ago. Also completely cleaned the carbs at that time, after which the bike ran great

I *did* discover that the electrical connector at the vboost sensor was disconnected (vibration?) so I reconnected it. I hoped that would fix the problem but it did not.

Anybody have any ideas? Anyone had this problem before? I really don't want to tear into the carbs again, especially if it is not a carb problem...

Main jet on one of the carbs blocked perhaps?

Yes please! Elaborate on your switching?

Mine's still not working, and my Tboost is connected to the negative lead of the #4 cylinder coil ('86 Max).

All i done was change the T-Boost pick up wire over to the opposite wire on the coil. Im sure you guys already tried that right?. So i had another thought. The wire size im using to the cops is larger than the original wire harness. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Just a thought. Less resistance.
Sorry it took a while. :ummm:

hmm i never tried that, honestly, b/c i don't know electrical as well as other stuff so didn't want to fry something.

It makes sense - one wire has constant 12V (wouldn't work now would it?), while the other gets pulses providing causing the coil's discharge - that's the one you wanna monitor with T-Boost.

I sent mine back to eBay seller tppjr for testing, but haven't heard anything back yet. And mine definitely did nothing on one wire (as expected) but opened the boost valve at 9k rpm on the other (just plain weird).

Back