Pick up 94 VMax! Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanpug

Reaction score
Just picked up a 94 and was wondering what the stock HP is. I read were the 85 and 86's had 145 hp and the later bikes are rated at 100? Did they really de-power the bikes that much?

Also, the one I got has stage 7 jet kit and two brothers 4 into 1 exhuast. Does this increase the performance?

Thanks,
Dean

Just picked up a 94 and was wondering what the stock HP is. I read were the 85 and 86's had 145 hp and the later bikes are rated at 100? Did they really de-power the bikes that much?

Also, the one I got has stage 7 jet kit and two brothers 4 into 1 exhuast. Does this increase the performance?

Thanks,
Dean

All years of VMax came with the same HP rating of about 145 at the crank. At the wheel, it varies but it is usually in the 110 range. Some of the later year bikes showed RWHP that were higher in the range, probably due to better machining tolerances. Bikes that were rated at 100 hp were bikes that were shipped to certain European countries that had HP limits so the VMax was shipped without the VBoost configuration.
A stage 7 with an after market exhaust can increase performance IF it is tuned properly.

All years of VMax came with the same HP rating of about 145 at the crank. At the wheel, it varies but it is usually in the 110 range. Some of the later year bikes showed RWHP that were higher in the range, probably due to better machining tolerances. Bikes that were rated at 100 hp were bikes that were shipped to certain European countries that had HP limits so the VMax was shipped without the VBoost configuration.
A stage 7 with an after market exhaust can increase performance IF it is tuned properly.
Thanks for the info. I must have been reading a European site when I saw the 100 hp.
Does the stage 7 kit always include the vboost setup that opens it at an earlier rpm?

Euro models are about 100 horsepower because they don't have vboost. Stage 7 doesn't include vboost that opens earlier (tboost). That's separate. Stage 7 can have stock vboost or full open vboost usually. Tboost works with it too.

Mark

Back