Plasti Dip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me thinks CopRunner could save some $ from the 5-0 with this product!! Someone should tell him!! Does it work on License Plates??!!

I put tape on my fenders and keep my fake tank cover under a through away coat when i out run the fuzz. Or vice versa.:biglaugh:

Thought I would mess around with this stuff again. After doing the rims on my Son's car (matte black) a few months ago and having good success with it, I thought I would buy a few cans to try out. Bought matte red, matte black, silver metalizer and glossifier to play with.

I did one scoop with five coats of matte red, 2 coats of silver metaliser and 2 coats of glossifier. Did the other with 3 coats of matte black, 3 coats of silver metalizer and 3 coats of glossifier.

The red scoop looks a bit too pink/salmon color for me, but the black turned out like a gun metal color. I actually like black/siver one and will run with that a little further.

Will be raining next few days, so I will keep playing with this stuff to see if I can get a look that I want.

Mike

Attachments

• 101_1881.jpg
    101_1881.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 72
  • 101_1878.jpg
    101_1878.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 101_1889.jpg
    101_1889.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 78
I really like the look of the black with the metalizer, might have to give that a go myself. As for the durability of plastidip I have had it on the wheels of one of my cars for over a year without any issues.

Thought I would mess around with this stuff again. After doing the rims on my Son's car (matte black) a few months ago and having good success with it, I thought I would buy a few cans to try out. Bought matte red, matte black, silver metalizer and glossifier to play with.

I did one scoop with five coats of matte red, 2 coats of silver metaliser and 2 coats of glossifier. Did the other with 3 coats of matte black, 3 coats of silver metalizer and 3 coats of glossifier.

The red scoop looks a bit too pink/salmon color for me, but the black turned out like a gun metal color. I actually like black/siver one and will run with that a little further.

Will be raining next few days, so I will keep playing with this stuff to see if I can get a look that I want.

Mike
I too like the black scoop Mike, looks sharp! We could use a (can't believe I'm saying this) dose of rain to rinse all the pollen out of the air!

More pieces plastidipped.

I like it! It will stay on for this year and see how this stuff holds up.

Mike

Attachments

• 101_1904.jpg
    101_1904.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 101_1906.jpg
    101_1906.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 101_1905.jpg
    101_1905.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts