Please Help, just got motor back together!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86ScreaminDemon

Reaction score
ok, i have a 1986 yamaha v-max, it has lots of stuff wrong with it, when i went and got it i was thinking it was gonna be cleaner, because vmax's hide their age well, the motor had paint flakin off it, oil dripping and when i drove it 2nd and 3rd gear would kinda pop when under acceleration, so i tore her down, replaced the shift forks, and had the transmission backcut, while it was down i took the liberty of replacing updating to a 2002 oil pipe and orange o-ring, well heres the problem, theres a long, skinny,bent leg that sprouts off and runs towards the rear of the motor, it has a loop, similar to a brake line loop, i thought well, that needs a banjo bolt, but i dont have no bajo bolt left over, i know i didnt lose it, i emailed people like crazy no replies, one dude on ebay i asked him" what kind of bolt is it" and if he would tell me, i would buy his auction of bolts for the bottom end, he said strangely enough its not a banjo bolt or a union bolt, its a regular flange bolt, does this seem right, my motor is in, all i need to do is fix this and i can crank it.

I think he's right but take a pic and post it to be sure we know what you're describing is what we think you're describing.

will this help identify your part?

Attachments

• oilringassembly13L.jpg
    oilringassembly13L.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 44
  • oilringassembly12L.jpg
    oilringassembly12L.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 42
  • partimage.jpg
    partimage.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 26
One thing not identified and barely visible in the first picture is the oiling line to cool the stator. It's plugged into the pump and goes under the main line to the side of the block. It has a rectangular shaped grommet on it that is maybe 1" x 1/2" x 1/2" in size.

Sean

ok, in the middle picture notice how a metal oil line sprouts out, is about 2 inches from the right side of the oil pipe, it have a built on copper washer for both sides of it, then a bolt slide through it, its hard to see the end in the pic because its the farest thing away from the camera, but its similar to the end of a brake line hose, its circular with a hole in it. thank you for helping me i will try to answer any questions i can.

i know that last paragraph i type must have been hard to read, i mistyped somethings and didnt notice it till i posted it, in that middle pic though you can see that copper washer on it, its the only pipe on the assembly that is about the same diameter as straw.

i know that last paragraph i type must have been hard to read, i mistyped somethings and didnt notice it till i posted it, in that middle pic though you can see that copper washer on it, its the only pipe on the assembly that is about the same diameter as straw.

Just an FYI... You can edit your posts M8... Just hit edit...:thumbs up:

Back