Plug?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oz1961

Reaction score
Hey guys
Just found this plug unused on my 1994 max under the seat. Do you know what’s connected too?

Attachments

• 42CF2BBD-2B1A-4F87-8BCF-6B60A540E22E.jpeg
    42CF2BBD-2B1A-4F87-8BCF-6B60A540E22E.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 49
Check wires coming from starter relay. I don't believe it's fuel pump, sidestand switch or p/u coil.

Hey guys
Just found this plug unused on my 1994 max under the seat. Do you know what’s connected too?
If it's orange and black that would be the pickup coil. Bike won't run without it plugged in.

Attachments

• Picjk-Up-Coil-Connector-Tested-103-Ohms-Cropped-Labeled.jpg
    Picjk-Up-Coil-Connector-Tested-103-Ohms-Cropped-Labeled.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 21
Thanks
I just got this bike and a lot of wires are not connected. Found the other end and plugged it in. Thanks for the replies

It helps if you can describe the colors, as Sean mentioned.

Download this, print out a copy and save the link on your computer. VMX12- Service-Manual.pdf (vmoa.net)

Be aware the first part of the manual has Supplements for multiple years, where changes in the bike were described, and updates on service methods are listed. Be sure to look at the back of the manual where there are descriptions of electrical diagrams, cable/hose routings, torque values, fasteners size, and more.

1990-2003 USA wire diagram. This probably should be the same for 2004-2007, unless Sean or someone knows of any differences.

VMax USA 1990-03 wiring.01.png

Note you need to splice these and there is some 'overlap.'

VMax USA 1990-03 wiring.02.png

Latest posts

Back