popping under acceleration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hxhettin

Reaction score
so heres my issue. i recently rebuilt carbs , changed plugs and oil. cyncd carbs with a home made monometer. took the bike out and rode great for about 50 miles or so then i ran it hard and got the vboost opened up a few times and then noticed a popping from the right side exhaust but only under acceleration, even light acceleration. almost like a cylinder is tring to kick in or somthing. i checked cylinder temps with a temp gun and the right front is about 30 degrees cooler then the rest. thinking a new plug may have failed or is unable to keep up under load. letting it cool of so i can pull it and check the plug. idles fine just like it has been. Any ideas what i might be missing here?

thanks in advance.

i replaced that plug in the right front cylinder, it was wet with fuel. ran the engine and still the cylinder runs cooler than the rest. i havent rode it yet but im pretty sure it still going to have the problem.:bang head:

is it possible i got some crap back in the pilot air jets already ? i just cleaned the carbs and replaced the fuel filter.

Look in the tank see if there is crap in there that's making its way to carbs....

Float heights all good......

Wires...

ok so heres the update. bike still ran bad, i went ahead and cleaned the air pilot jets again on the suspect cylinder and all is good once again. when rebuilt the carbs the first time i found what i thought was rust in the bowls, i would guess that the new fuel filter would catch this if it is from the tank?

ok so heres the update. bike still ran bad, i went ahead and cleaned the air pilot jets again on the suspect cylinder and all is good once again. when rebuilt the carbs the first time i found what i thought was rust in the bowls, i would guess that the new fuel filter would catch this if it is from the tank?

Not necessarily, rust seems to get thru anyway. Probly going to have to address the rusting tank issue to eliminate the problem.

Adding second inline filter not bad idea but as Danny said gotta take care of the rust in tank.

Back