Progressive monotube cartridge kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmac

Reaction score
I was about to buy the usual racetech products when a mate sent me a link to the progressive website for monotube cartridge kits for his Harley.

Does anyone know if any Harley forks are the same length/diameter as the post 93 Vmax forks? Could be another option for us if there is..

http://www.progressivesuspension.co...it-for-hd-sportster-softail-thru-2013-touring

Now I've started looking there's even Bitubo fork kits...anyone know if they fit?

I'll start emailing the suppliers for more info in the meantime..

Short answer is no. Whether they "fit" or not, the spring rates and valving are optimized for HD applications. If you wish to go all out for cartridge forks, why not have proper engineering?

Spring rates and valving are changed easily enough to suit.

Going thru the expense of
creating a cartridge kit from scratch isn't likely but if there's a kit that fits already then adjusting it isn't so much of a drama.

USD forks I've done before, I'd like to keep them RWU this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point is this: If progressive has the components necessary to "adapt" a Harley model, they have the components to simply offer a Vmax specific product. They say additional models are on the way. You can wait, or you can ask them directly. All anyone here can do is speculate. At present, only Harley and BMW applications are available.

My point is this: If progressive has the components necessary to "adapt" a Harley model, they have the components to simply offer a Vmax specific product. They say additional models are on the way. You can wait, or you can ask them directly. All anyone here can do is speculate. At present, only Harley and BMW applications are available.

No speculation required, I just hoped some one would know of a Harley fork that happened to have the same dimensions as a VMax.

I really don't think any of Progressive's products are specifically designed for a VMax....they just happen to fit.

Back