Puter question,Windows 10?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
I received a download to supposedly up grade to windows 10,I am no computer wizard by any means.Also has a lil note attached that says fees may apply,but it's a free download.I just mainly don't want to download anything that's gonna start freezing or crashing my puter,saw some examples on you tube and one guy had to keep reloading.Should i give it a shot or no.Have any of you computer guy's done it and if so were there any glitches.Thank's in advance,Poppop.

I say go ahead. Click on it. What's it going to hurt? After all, it's free, isn't it? What could happen? devil5.gif:hitsfan:

Report back after - IF YOU CAN. :biglaugh:

I got that window's 10 download on my computer too. I'm scared to open it, don't know what's gonna happen:ummm:
Me too! feel the exact same way!Computer guy's are laughing at us,Ah i don;t care,Not gonna touch it till i hear something.

I say go ahead. Click on it. What's it going to hurt? After all, it's free, isn't it? What could happen? View attachment 49477:hitsfan:

Report back after - IF YOU CAN. :biglaugh:
Too me a whole shitstorm of problems.Glad your having fun with it.I kinda feel like a kid playing with a electrical outlet.Can i stick this in there?

I personally have NOT installed Windows 10 because IMO it is Not ready yet.
They make you sign up for their Windows Insider Program which means they collect data from your PC, but they never say exactly what data they collect.

MS also says that if you are Not highly technically competent you should NOT install Win 10:
"With the Windows Insider Program, you can help build Windows 10 alongside PC experts, IT pros, and developers around the world.
If, however, you think BIOS is a plant-based fuel, this program may not be right for you."

It is 100% freely available from MS though, so if you really want to try it get it directly from MS:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Windows 7 works very well and I see no reason whatsoever with being a guinea pig and allowing MS access to my data as they refine Win 10.

Until the final version of Win 10 has been released for a year or so I will NOT be installing it.

If your windows is working, why F_ck with it?

If your windows is working, why F_ck with it?
I always have 1 good version of Windows installed for my everyday computing because it is a fairly universal OS.
BUT I almost always have another OS as a dual boot setup for testing (Linux, Win 8.1, OSX, etc).
I have even had as many as 4 OS's installed at the same time on my PC just to try them out.

So it really depends on your level of PC knowledge and reasons for using various OS's as to what you run on your PC.

I do a lot of PC repair/maintenance/trouble shooting for friends and family.
So, I tend to install new versions of Windows as a dual boot just to familiarize myself with them.

But as stated above I will wait to test Win 10 util it is available without my having to give MS access to my data to use it.

I always have 1 good version of Windows installed for my everyday computing because it is a fairly universal OS.
BUT I almost always have another OS as a dual boot setup for testing (Linux, Win 8.1, OSX, etc).
I have even had as many as 4 OS's installed at the same time on my PC just to try them out.

So it really depends on your level of PC knowledge and reasons for using various OS's as to what you run on your PC.

I do a lot of PC repair/maintenance/trouble shooting for friends and family.
So, I tend to install new versions of Windows as a dual boot just to familiarize myself with them.

But as stated above I will wait to test Win 10 util it is available without my having to give MS access to my data to use it.
Why in the shit do they throw this kinda stuff out here?Just to screw up someone.90% of us is not I t guy;s,Not gonna mess with it. Is they a way to delete it off the taskbar?Thank;s dman

Last edited:
The option for the free move to Win10 will be free for the first year after it is released. If you are not the greatest with computers; ie unable to reinstall your old operating system if it doesn't work out DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT.

If you are an IT professional, I dont have to tell you to not download it since you already know better.

Microsoft is known for releasing things before they are ready for market. Stick with your current OS and wait to see how the launch is received. Personally I am a sysadmin at a university and all of our windows machines are still on Win7 as I have yet to see a reason to move away from it won't even consider Win10 until summer 2016.

The option for the free move to Win10 will be free for the first year after it is released. If you are not the greatest with computers; ie unable to reinstall your old operating system if it doesn't work out DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT.

If you are an IT professional, I dont have to tell you to not download it since you already know better.

Microsoft is known for releasing things before they are ready for market. Stick with your current OS and wait to see how the launch is received. Personally I am a sysadmin at a university and all of our windows machines are still on Win7 as I have yet to see a reason to move away from it won't even consider Win10 until summer 2016.
Thank you ryan Guess mabye a restore or a recovery .Or the best reason you guy;s gave I just leave it alone.

Dman and Tex,, I know what you mean.
We restrict allot of what the end user can do on our systems via group policy. But because of some needed apps, the end users have to have certain access. Some users are notorious when it comes to keeping me busy. I wonder if they would be so relaxed about what they do, if the money came directly out of their pockets for repair.

I've come to the conclusion, Let em keep tearing them up.. It keeps me employed.

I've come to the conclusion, Let em keep tearing them up.. It keeps me employed.[/QUOTE]I used to say the same thing about cars.Then one day my wife said youve been at this for 35+ years,That;s why they come,You can tell them what your doing and why your doing it,There not gonna get it,They are not you.Seem;s like everyone got a lil aggravated by this question,Just a question that;s it.Im not trying to f!!k it up,Im all about if it aint broke don;t f!!k with it.Ive been ask many stupid questions in my time.And tried to do my best to be good with it .Thank you.

poppop,
You're fine.
I don't think anyone here is upset by your question.
I've told you before if you have a question we can answer you should definitely ask it.
And I'm sure the other technically inclined guys here feel the same way.

PS
To remove it from your taskbar you should be able to just click the right button on your mouse on it and choose
unpin this program from taskbar.

Popop,
Dood, I have no problem with you AT ALL.. It's all good.
There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with asking a question.
I wish more of the people I deal with, asked a question before acting.
I need to send them to you, so you can teach them "Common Sense -101".

Hell, I have no problem asking a question..
Lord knows, I have enough of them posted on this forum. :rofl_200:

Tex has helped me several times,Even remote repair.Dman999 gave me the download windows 7 for dummies.I appreciate everything more than you guy's know,Maybe just had my head on wrong Dman 999 the windows 10 thing is on the right side of the taskbar over where the speaker norton and all that is right clicking on it just says1 Get windows 10.2Reserve your free up grade.3Go to windows update4 get to know windows 10.If i can;t get rid of it ill just leave it alone Shit guy;s im sorry.D-max sorry as well.Guess we all scerw up ill wear my egg on my face and live with it.Just been one of those day;s Bless you all poppop.

I just read an article explaining that was a Windows Update that Installed that Windows 10 crap (Update KB3035583).
There are two steps to remove KB3035583 from your computer,
the first step is described here for Windows 7 and involves uninstalling an update.
In this case make sure you remove the KB3035583 update and not accidently another one.
After a few seconds the update is be removed and your computer doesn’t need to restart.

In order to make sure Windows doesn’t install KB3035583 again with the next round of updates,
uncheck “Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates”.
This will make sure the update will be listed under the “Optional” updates and no longer automatically install.

If you want the update to disappear entirely, right-click the update and choose Hide Update in the contextual menu of the KB3035583 update.
Now you should be saved from the notifications.

I just read an article explaining that was a Windows Update that Installed that Windows 10 crap (Update KB3035583).
There are two steps to remove KB3035583 from your computer,
the first step is described here for Windows 7 and involves uninstalling an update.
In this case make sure you remove the KB3035583 update and not accidently another one.
After a few seconds the update is be removed and your computer doesn’t need to restart.

In order to make sure Windows doesn’t install KB3035583 again with the next round of updates,
uncheck “Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates”.
This will make sure the update will be listed under the “Optional” updates and no longer automatically install.

If you want the update to disappear entirely, right-click the update and choose Hide Update in the contextual menu of the KB3035583 update.
Now you should be saved from the notifications.
I removed the program kb3035583 and the windows 10 thing is gone Thank you!!Was unable to uncheck no where to do it,Did have to restart for changes to take effect.Wrote down your directions if it ever appears again,I ask ryan once how do you know what to remove and what to replace he responded this is all ive ever done.Ive done work for an electrical engineer and a doctor,Both are great at what they do,But when it comes to their vehicles There as dumb as stumps,Kinda like me on puters.auto repair is not there cup of tea.There the smart ones went to school got the training.Well im good now thank;s for your help.Terry.

Back