quick action throttle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16790

Reaction score
has anyone ever fitted a quick action throttle to their vmax like the ones on motocross bikes, I have a failing wrist and may need surgery to fuse it solid, obviously twisting the throttle will be not very easy then but at the moment I can not use full throttle anyway because of limited wrist movement (bike is still fast enough for me though),
I'm hoping that maybe a quick action throttle will give me at least as near the control I have now if I lose the wrist

What about one of those snap-on 'cruise control' paddles which allow you to use your hand to control your throttle position?

You could also consider the "Indian" fix: switch the throttle to the left grip, which would help prevent many people from being able to operate your bike. Think of it as a theft deterrent.

I used them on 2 of my Gen 1's. They are called 1/4 turn quick throttles. I do not remember what brand/model I used.

They worked fine. It takes a little time to get used to it, but I liked them for racing. You didn't have to cock your wrist forward to go wide open you can easily do it from you normal hand position.

That might work for you, certainly worth a try they are not very expensive. Good luck.

thanks for the replies, I will probably go with the quick action throttle if/when the time comes, I won't know how much movement I'll be able to have until it's done :confused:, I had thought about the left hand conversion but I figure it to cost more than I could afford

Back