quick question about drag bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRL0215

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to pick up some used drag bars for free. My question is, how do they effect handling? I wonder if countersteering is more difficult with them. Anyone with experience using both?

I have stock bars but they are rotated downward and miss the tank by about an inch at full lock. I've had drag bars before and they are for drag racing:rocket bike: I didn't find them at all comfortable.
But they will lean you into the wind some. The straight bar also puts tension on your wrists that the standard bar does not. Try lowering the stock bars before going to the trouble of changing bars.
Lew

read my post in Vboost room under handle bar choices, I have two drag bars and would not give them to my enemy, I would throw them instead.

KRL0215 said:
I have the opportunity to pick up some used drag bars for free. My question is, how do they effect handling? I wonder if countersteering is more difficult with them. Anyone with experience using both?

________
buy volcano vaporizer

Last edited:
I have tried dragbars,broom stick,stock and now I am running some Bars I bought from Sean Morley.They are dragbar pullback with 2" rise.I love them.I think it depends on your Physical size.I am 6'1" and I like to reach a little.My seat and bike are very low though.
the broomstick looked cool as hell but it was unrideable.It killed my wrists.

I second what Shawn said, I have a ducati monster bar which is very similar to what Sean Morley sells but has a one inch rise, I finally settled on that one after trying 5 different bars.
The ducati bar is a little thin walled compared to all others and thus it will bend in case of a crash:(

shawn kloker said:
I have tried dragbars,broom stick,stock and now I am running some Bars I bought from Sean Morley.They are dragbar pullback with 2" rise.I love them.I think it depends on your Physical size.I am 6'1" and I like to reach a little.My seat and bike are very low though.
the broomstick looked cool as hell but it was unrideable.It killed my wrists.
________
Honda GL1200SEI

Last edited:
ends up he wanted to keep them, but he did give me a replacement for my bent shift lever

KRL0215 said:
ends up he wanted to keep them, but he did give me a replacement for my bent shift lever

May I suggest Sean's handle bars the super bike kind Shawn is talking about the ducati one is great but not as strong, also wider bars make the bike twitchy and can exaggerate a wobble, I experienced that first hand, cut the bar to fit the grip & master cylinders with 1/2 inch extra only, this keeps it close to the 27 inch stock width, this is why I used the ducati bar because it has a narrower center.
changing the handle bar doesn't seem that much of a mod until you DO it and realize instantly the better control and more confidence in turns.
The difference is miraculous.

Most bars come with plastic bar plugs, I used fine sand to fill the bar and pushed the plastic plugs in 1.5 inch from each side.
To prepare the sand put it in a flat pan of a piece of aluminum foil in the oven for 30 min to remove all the moisture from the sand.
This simply eliminates any vibration better than anything on the market for this purpose.

This bar will effectively change the way you ride the bike and improve your control over the bike in all situations.

I have two drag bars and though they are in good shape I feel they are not worth even the shipping cost if I offer them for free.
________
Straight-6 engine

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back