• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

R1 Gold Spot Calipers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
SOLD

These will bolt onto 93-07 vmax forks. Pads are like new. Calipers are a little dirty but in great physical condition.

Direct replacement for blue spot calipers

OEM Brake lines bolt up but will be a little long.

$75 plus shipping.

Email me: mabdcmb AT Gmail DOT com

Attachments

• 20200815_170547.jpg
    20200815_170547.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200815_170601.jpg
    20200815_170601.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Yes they do. It's an upgrade from your stock '02 brakes, and also better-than the 'blue-spot' R1 brakes. Get some HH pads, and enjoy better braking performance. No-need to change your master cylinder.

Yes they do. It's an upgrade from your stock '02 brakes, and also better-than the 'blue-spot' R1 brakes. Get some HH pads, and enjoy better braking performance. No-need to change your master cylinder.
What's the difference with the blue?

How much was shipping, if you don’t mind me asking?

$11.50

How much was shipping, if you don’t mind me asking?

Blue spots have steel pistons with a chrome plating. Gold spots have aluminum pistons with some kind of anti-friction coating. Supposedly the gold spots are "smoother" and should be marginally lighter as well.

Functionally speaking, I don't think you'd notice the difference from one to the other.

Back