R1 R6 Mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbobret

Reaction score
I have done all the searches. I'm needing the part number for the R1/R6 regulator mod. I need a R/R badly. I've read about the mod but cannot find the Yamaha part number. I want to get this thing running this weekend. So I have no problem paying a little extra to get it quickly. Or what years, I'm going to do another search here maybe I can find it.

I don't know the Yamaha part # for the r/r, but an ideal R/R for the Vmax is Shindiguen(?) part # FH010BA

Shin makes r/r's for pretty much every bike on the planet. This one is for a Kawi ZX10/ZX14.

It's considerably thinner/smaller than the R1 part(no need to cut down the fins), and it's been working great for me for over a year now. Mine lives bolted to the rear coil mounting plate, since I run COPs. It's thin enough that the seat fits fine, so it's thinner than the coils that were originally designed to be there.

Retail from a dealer they're expensive, well over $100....I got the one above off ebay for $20.

See my sticky in the "How to" section about the charging system for more info.

If you're really in a rush you can make a r/r out of parts from radioshack....made one for my 2-phase B&S motor when the original died that's been working good for a while now, though all it does it power one 30w headlight and charge the battery.

I've asked this before, but is the later finned vmax r/r any better than than the original output wise?

Back