Ran it up to 115mph, and ...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In post #84, you can see that these forks have what looks like progressively wound springs of some type. What is the correct spring orientation? Tighter windings at the bottom of the fork or at the top?

Spotted a local vmax and had to stop and chat of course. I got to see in person the various mods people do to create more stability. Check this out. There are a few random bling items on there that you'll see but he said it was super stable with that replaced front-end, frame braces, aftermarket rear shocks, etc.

He didn't know all the details as the bike was fully modified before he bought it but you can see his 2-line Galfer brake lines. I am planning on the 2-line Galfer SS brake line configuration as well. Of course, I'd love to know more details about the front end swap, here. He thought it was (or remembered being told) it was from a Ninja 750. Obviously, you get the USD forks of large diameter, larger diameter brake discs, better calipers, and presumably a shorter front end to lower the bike.

From the feel of the clutch compared to my 85, it must have brand new springs or even a more aggressive clutch kit because it has a heavy clutch pull and a fast dump. This had 2005 stamped on the steering head. (and yes, his fork seals need replacing!)

I am beginning the front caliper rebuilds. What good is testing the steering head if I don't have any good front brakes? So cannot report steering head results until I get through the caliper rebuilds and swapping to stainless lines. Waiting on the mail again...

Attachments

• 20240511_140001.jpg
    20240511_140001.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240511_135801.jpg
    20240511_135801.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240511_135741.jpg
    20240511_135741.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back