Rear Wheel Dimension

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coruscantkid

Reaction score
Hi all...does any have the drive side of the rear wheel drawn out? I need the measurements for the cush drive holes and the interior dimensions for the bearings.

Thanks in advance.

He he... Making a rim i see... If you are doing that you don't need to use OEM stuff. Its much more expensive. You just need that the needle bearing to have the same inner diameter as stock (20mm) and that is done by choosing a proper 20mm ID race. Those type of bearings are standard with same outside diameter and then only the inner race is installed for the diameter you wish (different wall thicknesses races). As for the dampers you only need them to have 12mm inner diameter. I don't have the measures with me now but if someone has a wheel off may get you the diameter of the dampers pattern...

Industrial standard stuff. I have a local specialty shop that has them (they specialize in special grade rubbers and tubing). They're a little narrower than stock but cost me a 6th of the Yamaha ones. As long as the inner diameter is 12mm you'll be good to go. These are like 1/4" narrower OD than stock thats all, but its not relevant because i mill the hub for those specs... Check this thread and take a look... http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=20913
Hope it is helpful...

Fred, thanks for the help. I love your work! I was wondering if you could help me with something? I'm tying to fab a triple from billet but I can't measure the lower triple where the stem presses in? Would you supply those dimensions to me? My calipers won't fit in there. Thanks!

Back