Rebuilding Clutch Slave

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkman

Reaction score
Has anyone rebuilt the Clutch Slave?
It seems pretty straight forward, but thought I'd asked for some expert advice from someone that has done it.

Thanks,
Bill

I have twice and they leaked soon after both times. I recommend replacing the entire thing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They aren't too bad to rebuild but you do need to verify that the bore is clean and smooth. I have had a lot more success with these and rarely need to replace them. They aren't horribly expensive getting new though. I would also suggest looking at the clutch push rod seal behind it and replace it too. if that seal is leaking it will destroy the slave seal (causing it to swell).

That is correct. MAKE SURE you use a very good fitting allen wrench on the bolts holding it in. They tend to get corroded in place (or at least locktited in place).

No, use center stand if you can and have a catch pan ready.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Also make sure that the hexagonal extension piece that the hose bolts into is tight before tightening the banjo bolt.
It is possible to loosen this during dis-assembly and it will leak from there thus loosing the clutch....I know this to be true!

Take note on the one allen screw with a crush washer on it, I believe it's the bottom middle screw.
It will leak if not put back in the right spot.
Steve-o

Mine is still leaking after replacing it a few months ago but I didn't replace the rod oring because it looks impossible to do so. .how do you replace the rod 's oring anyway? Can't from below and when looking straight at the Rod my hand doesn't fit through it :((((
Help ....

Back