Red Lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Ive never really been stuck at a red light before out riding. But today i was in the left hand turn lane at a red light i have never had to stop for and the thing would NOT turn green for me, i had cars behind me, it was pretty embarrassing. I ended up getting pissed off and i blew the light. Have any of you ever had problems with this?

Has anyone bought one of those green light triggers off ebay i see all the time? And do you know if they work. I dont want to go through this again

It happens to me alot. The signal computer triggers are magnetic, and the surface area on the underside of the bike is not large enough to excite the magnetic field. I have had to pull ahead and let the car behind me activate the magnet.
I have not tried the ebay trigger yet.
Riding my max is the only time I actually like red lights, lets me line up against something in the other lane.:rocket bike:

magnetic!!!!!!! aaahhhh, i always thought it was some sort of weight sensor or something..... lol.

Are there some stoplights with some sort of motion detector, cuz sometimes in my civic the light won't change but if i flash it with my brights it does... or could be a coincidence!

I bought one of those green light triggers from ebay.
it seems like it works sometimes but most of the time i still wait. so i would reccomend saving your money. I know that gets pretty frustrating when your waiting for your turn and it won't turn green. I have blown the light off a few times, but i wonder if a cop would ticket someone for doing that? What are you supposed to do just sit there all day?

If the light has a magnetic sensor, reving it makes more electicity in the bikes electrics easier to be picked up. Or something like that. All I know is it works.

I think you just like revving up your motor! :thumbs up:

I bought one of those green light triggers from ebay.
it seems like it works sometimes but most of the time i still wait. so i would reccomend saving your money. I know that gets pretty frustrating when your waiting for your turn and it won't turn green. I have blown the light off a few times, but i wonder if a cop would ticket someone for doing that? What are you supposed to do just sit there all day?

I think most cops would turn a blind eye to it if you explained why you did it. I've done it too in the early morning when no one is around and the light won't change.

I've tried the trigger with no real success. If you can see the lines in the pavement where the wire loop is laid in the pavement try parking right on top of them being sure to be inside the loop. That puts your metal wheels closer to the loop wire. Doesn't always work either tho'

These things are an inductive loop coil. When you give a coil with current passing thru the loop a "core" which in this case is a m/c or car, the current in the loop changes and picks it up.

I think you just like revving up your motor! :thumbs up:
What don't you?

Plus on one particular light here that has the sensor, reving it 3 times puts it at just the right revs for a decent launch (for me anyway) And with it being a nice perfectly smooth surface for the 2 lanes (going the same direction, Can't say I havn't put it to use.:whistlin:

Back