Removing crown cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Im tossing up wether to do away with my mini screen to find crown cover in not so good condition . Have removed screen , main light and have taken brackets off which were attached to indicators which leads me to my question .

To take the crown cover off which is the easiest way to rewire ? Can i take out wires from indicators or just slice the wires from behind the main light ?:ummm:

If I understand your question, the turn signal wires are connected to the harness in the headlight shell with bullet connectors. Just disconnect and slide out the crown cover holes. I wouldn't cut them as there is no need. It is easy to do. I have done it several times in switching out 3 versions of the three-piece handlebar/turn signal mounting system. (Stock, polished and chrome). I remove the turnsignals by removing the nut that attaches them to the crown cover/bracket. Just turn the handlebars full lock for easier access.

I also removed my mini screen as I think it creates a lot of turbulence.

Hopefully this answers your question. If not, please try again...

If I understand your question, the turn signal wires are connected to the harness in the headlight shell with bullet connectors. Just disconnect and slide out the crown cover holes. I wouldn't cut them as there is no need. It is easy to do. I have done it several times in switching out 3 versions of the three-piece handlebar/turn signal mounting system. (Stock, polished and chrome). I remove the turnsignals by removing the nut that attaches them to the crown cover/bracket. Just turn the handlebars full lock for easier access.

I also removed my mini screen as I think it creates a lot of turbulence.

Hopefully this answers your question. If not, please try again...

Will try this and see what happens:punk:

Will try this and see what happens:punk:

I tried to unclip the wires but no joy are these bullet connectors i also snapped that bolt at back of the main light is now stuck in there . Any ideas - i was thinking drill it out on the good side of it light is secure:bang head:

Attachments

• DSC00557.JPG
    DSC00557.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 22
Correct, they slide together. Just pull at the end of each insulator.

Latest posts

Back