Removing the Star emblem on scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you give the emblem glue a go yet?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

You got me motivated, I went out and took my seat, faux tank, and finally the right scoop just to replace the emblem.

I avoided it cause the damage isn't that much unless you look at the emblem closely. Here see for yourself, here are pic's of the emblem before I remove it tonight and put the new one on.

emblem1.jpg

emblem2.jpg

emblem3.jpg

emblem4.jpg

emblem5.jpg

emblem6.jpg

Since I am a night owl I will be replacing the emblem tonight wish me luck !!!!

Good luck! Now how do I motivate myself to diagnose the charging system on my 85? It's ' really more like dedicating time, same thing I guess.
That's gen 2 emblem? No tuning forks? I diswnt know that

Good luck! Now how do I motivate myself to diagnose the charging system on my 85? It's ' really more like dedicating time, same thing I guess.
That's gen 2 emblem? No tuning forks? I diswnt know that

I'm halfway done with my emblem replacement and it was so sick how tentative I was to even start this little job. Now that I'm halfway through I'm embarrassed that I made such an issue out of it. Once again my disclaimer I am not a mechanic

I just don't want to screw things up, and to many who work on their bikes a lot of things are easy because they do it repeatedly, the only difference between an experience mechanic and someone who is in a mechanic is a mechanic has the right tools and he's done the same jobs over and over again so his confidence is high.

Not sure if you've already found these YouTube videos about charging systems but I'll post them in case you haven't. I don't know if this is what you're looking for but I hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h87sQiX_KSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hLjPBObYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PevgFfi_oaY

As soon as I'm done with my emblem I'll post how I did it step-by-step and show your picture of the final results also a picture of halfway through.

Thanks a lot those should help. I think it was Jan bee that posted a diagnostic flow chart that I read over and I think I've got a good' idea where to start but you can't beat videos.

Thanks a lot those should help. I think it was Jan bee that posted a diagnostic flow chart that I read over and I think I've got a good' idea where to start but you can't beat videos.

Yeah Jan is a good help,

Here are some pic's during my emblem replacement,
I placed thin pieces of blue painters tape on all 4 edges to give me a good idea where to place it on the back of the emblem it has a arrow pointing up with the word "Top".

I tried the fish line to pull under the emblem to release it but almost cut my fingers off the line got so tight and wasn't doing the job. I used a hair dryer with a heat gun ready if I felt I needed more heat, the hair dryer was perfect on high.

After heating it from bottom for a few minutes, I heated on the emblem, I was able to get my fingertips under a edge and pry it up a little. Then I took a straight edge screwdriver and wrapped the tip and up about an inch with electrical tape. I was able to pry the emblem up and off leaving residue of the adhesive,

emblem11.jpg

After Goo Gone and then a small amount of brake cleaner on a soft rag to get rid of any residue from the Goo Gone, then polished with a metal polish.

emblem12.jpg

The new emblem on successfully,

emblem13.jpg

A view of most of the scoop with new emblem,

emblem9.jpg

The End.. it was so easy.

That looks great! If I was to describe that scoop, it would be "New Condition, undamaged".

Removed my scoop emblems yesterday. Used finger to pull on emblem slightly just enough to slip a small flat blade screwdriver under the edge of the emblem. Had a cloth under the shaft of the screwdriver. Applied light pressure and emblem popped off leaving the entire glue strip. Used fingers to roll up the glue strip into a ball and lifted it off scoop leaving no marks and using no chemicals. Took all of 5 minutes to do both sides. Just need to go slow and easy and you won't have any problems. Hope this helps someone. Ride fast, ride safe.

Latest posts

Back