Replacement Key

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a new key for my 97 V-Max. I went down to the dealer to order one but they could not find one or even a part number. My key has the cut numbers on it but it seems I have no way to order it. Does anyone know how to get a blank or new key? Its the older short key style.
Thanks

I need a new key for my 97 V-Max. I went down to the dealer to order one but they could not find one or even a part number. My key has the cut numbers on it but it seems I have no way to order it. Does anyone know how to get a blank or new key? Its the older short key style.
Thanks

Do you have a pic of it -- I have about 4 extras.

Thanks

If you look around the bottom of the ignition housing you should find a key code to order the right key.

Thanks

I had a hard time finding a place that had a blank to match!I finally found a small mom and pops key shop locally that had one.

Here is a pic of the key it actually has the key code printed on the key. The problem is the dealer can not find a part number to order one.

picture.php

I got 4 spare keys made at a local Lock Smith for about $7 and they work great.

I'll go down and check the local lock smith tomorrow and see if they can help me out. I've just noticed that if you mention the word "motorcycle" to them they tend to be a bit apprehensive.

The dealers will tell you they dont cut keys and cant find the key in their parts listing. They have a website that they can log onto as dealers and order your key. If they dont know about it they need to call into thier help center and get the web site. They can even send in a picture of the key and yamy will cut the key.

have them try this,

https://www.yamaha24x7.com/Dealer/Login.aspx

Back