Replacing Kerker can?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I think I may want to replace my Kerker can sometime this year. I've got the comp baffle in it with 70% of the packing removed....so it's rather loud and badass. Does anyone have a recommendation of what can could replace it and still be A) as loud and B) as badass sounding?

I thought of even going with one of the carbon fiber Kerker cans like KJ had, but I'm not positive I like the CF look.

The CF isn't going to be as loud because it's bigger around which allows it to absorb more sound. Unless you cut it way down.

Why change it? If your happy I say stick with it.

I like the sound.....not so much the look though. Maybe it's because it's not shiny like I want it to be. I had it powder-coated by JetHot and the can and pipes didn't turn out to be as shiny as I had thought.

I think I may want to replace my Kerker can sometime this year. I've got the comp baffle in it with 70% of the packing removed....so it's rather loud and badass. Does anyone have a recommendation of what can could replace it and still be A) as loud and B) as badass sounding?

I thought of even going with one of the carbon fiber Kerker cans like KJ had, but I'm not positive I like the CF look.

I have bought several HMF c.f. cans through Mario Aguiar for my Kerkers. Excellent quality , sound and customer service .

Attachments

• DSC01663.jpg
    DSC01663.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01735.jpg
    DSC01735.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 56
Tear the can apart and polish it for a cheap fix.
you could chrome the can
a lot of universal ones will fit right on, or with a little work as long as the inlet size matches. Kerker/supertrapp, laser or is it lazer, are a couple options

I may have it done in black chrome...although I'm not sure how well black chrome handles the heat from the exhaust.

Back