rich run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdad1205

Reaction score
ok i rebuilt my carbs this winter because the bike was really rich. It was a stock 1996 with kerker slip ons after advice from this forum i went with 150 main jets.
While I was in the carbs I replaced all the coasting enrichers, 1 slide diagphram and all orings and gaskets. Reset float levels (which were way high). Whom ever had done the carbs before had 170 mains and changed the needles. I left the needles alone and replaced the mains. Reassembled adjusted and synced. Runs much better but when cruising at 25 and aournd or under 4000rpm or on long decels the bike loads up enough that i have to rev it a couple times to clear it out. So after that my question is what adj should i make first ? or should i look at going with some stock needles ? Thanks in advance

two things:

- what are your A/F screws set to?

- did you check your Pilot Air Jets (PAJ1 & PAJ2), and are they the stock sizes?

started with idle air at about 2 1/4 outs just turned them in a 1/4 the other day and gonna ride and see. Dont remeber the sizes on the air jets i can see the ones from the top and the others i would have to remove the carbs right ? what are the stock numbers ?

i and every hole, port, jet was thoroughly cleaned when they where disassembled

Latest posts

Back