RM Sport Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddo

Reaction score
Has anybody ordered from rmsportmax ? I was thinking about buying their Max Sport wheel. Its 18x5.5 and sells for $975. Would like to know if this a good company to deal with.

Has anybody ordered from rmsportmax ? I was thinking about buying their Max Sport wheel. Its 18x5.5 and sells for $975. Would like to know if this a good company to deal with.

I dealt with them, I purchased their frame braces, and a set of plugs and Nology wires, good service, fast delivery to Japan.
If your looking at a rear wheel only you can try also Bill at www.wildbros.com , they sell the carrozzeria rim in a 18 inch for $950 front or rear

Ron

If you're considering spending that much on a rear wheel, I would seriously think about waiting and purchasing a full set of wheels in a style you REALLY like, rather than spending that much on a wheel trying to match the front.

A full set of wheels can be had for anywhere from $1650-$1900.
I bought RC's (heavier per wheel by about 3lbs than stock, but the lighter radials balanced out the difference) from UFO for $1725 which I really like.
I believe 4gasem bought some Cazz's (much lighter, and better quality; wish I had have known) from Wildbro's for less than I paid for the RC's,

Like slip-ons versus a full system, if you go the cheap route you may wish you had have bought the whole setup to begine with.

Just my thoughts tho', some may be perfectly happy just matching the front wheel.

later,

Rusty

Yeah, not bought from John but I had breakfast with him at Thunder and he seems like an OK guy. His wheels are VERY nice looking but just so you know... They are pretty heavy wheels. (heavier than stock) The Vmax really shines with a set or even one light wheel on it. I have had both. Heavy radial tire/wheels and then the Carrozzeria wheels. They aren't for everyone but I sure do like mine... :thumbs up:

John's shop is about 2 hours from me. I had him do my front end this past fall and I've bought some other parts from him. A real nice guy to deal with. I'm planning on a Sportmax rim and a notched and braced swingarm next winter. Already spent too much this year. I like the look of the stock front rim and I want to stick with 18" wheels.

He seems to be the east coast version of Sean. Keeps a lot of parts in stock and helps out over the phone if you need him.

Thank you everybody for your response. I'm tring to decide between the Max Sport wheel or sending my stock wheel to Kosman to do the 17x 5.5 conversion for $550. What do you guys think.

Thank you everybody for your response. I'm tring to decide between the Max Sport wheel or sending my stock wheel to Kosman to do the 17x 5.5 conversion for $550. What do you guys think.

I think the sportmax is cleaner but the Kosman isn't bad for the price.

The 18 is nice on the street.:thumbs up:

Yea, we sell RC Comps and they are nice but heavier.

Sean Morley

Hey thanks everybody for your response. I ended up talking to John. He called me and we talked about the MaxSport wheel. It happens to be an RC wheel and he has a special on right now. Its a solid 18x5.5 wheel and polished for $750. For a $100 more, it'll include the install kit that he'll put in for me. Shipping to me in Honolulu, HI is only $40. I placed the order on the 26th, i emailed him on the 27th ( at night here ) to see if the payment went thru OK, John emailed me back on the 28th and said the wheel is already on its way to me. My God what service!!! I'll let you guys know how the wheel looks when i recieve it.

Thanks,
Todd

Latest posts

Back