Saddlebag brackets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I am planning a bike trip and decided to take my Max. The problem is I have a pair of leather saddlebags but don't have a set of those steel saddlebag support brackets. Is there such a thing for the Vmax?

I found my brackets on Ebay. Can't load pics from here at work. With most, at least mine, you have to relocate the rear turn signals to make room for the bags to hang, and to me, that is a major bummer so I rarely use them. Around $50.00.

might be cheaper to pick up a pair of sport bags, like cortech or dowco

I don't even use a set of brackets. My saddlebags are pretty stiff leather, so I just relocated the rear turn signals and tie the leather "shoestrings" onto the rear shock spring. I added a strip of neoprene at the shock adjusting nut, to keep the bags from rubbing on them. Up top, I mounted the bags together under the passenger seat. I don't care too much for the looks of saddlebags on any bike, but you can't beat them for carrying large items! Let me know if you need pics, I will take and post some.

Got motivated, so here's the pics!

Attachments

• bob 059 (Medium).jpg
    bob 059 (Medium).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 71
  • bob 060 (Medium).jpg
    bob 060 (Medium).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 64
  • bob 061 (Medium).jpg
    bob 061 (Medium).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 66
  • bob 062 (Medium).jpg