Scoop Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Was mucking around in the garage yesterday and I was polishing the scoops (as ya do ) and on putting on of them on I noticed the bottom screw was screwing into nothing , I managed to give it a quick fix tho .
I take it there is a nut welded to the frame on the inside there but it must be internal as I couldn't see much without taking it to bits .

Any ideas ??

The holes at the front of the scoops line up with threaded bits on the frame. The top one lines up with a threaded tab.

Make sure you have the right length screw in the right place, as they are different lengths.

I had to re-tap my bottom hole on the right scoop, then put a bigger diameter bolt.

I had to re-tap my bottom hole on the right scoop, then put a bigger diameter bolt.

Should the thread be stripped then using a helicoil will keep the same size fastener.
Kits are reasonably priced and once bought are always to hand when the next stripped thread occurs.

Back