Searching the forums

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDWeyand

Reaction score
Ok now I know that I am not the brightest night light bulb in the pack, but nor am I the dullest in that same pack.
Now when I am searching the forum for help, let's say in electrical, and lets say a charging issue.
When I type in the search box, I type in charging problem. I get almost every thread in the electrical as a hit for the search.:confused2:
What am I doing wrong? And most of the threads do not have anything to do with charging problems :bang head:
How do I get a closer answer to my searches. Any and all help would be great:worthy:

use the Advanced Search. It's the third or fourth option in the "Search" Dropdown. http://www.vmaxforum.net/search.php

I generally use "wildcards", which are "*"s, and select "show posts".

so for example, if i wanted to search for carburetor needles, i would enter "carb* needle*" because most guys will type "carbs" in their post.

sometimes doing a google search for what you want ie shinko 170 tire works better. type the following into google:

shinko 170 site:vmaxforum.net

Yes, the search isn't a thinking machine.

You need to type in precise keywords that you would hope to show up in posts.

The search is simply a scan through the forum for the exact words you have typed into the box. As noted above, you can narrow the search by using advanced and concentrate on the exact forums you would like to search from.

G Man

Thanks PD I have had the same problem
And thanks to the others for good answers!

But wait...lets get back to this "charging issue". Whatcha got goin on?

My new answer to most of these issues is an R6/R1 regulator. Fixed all my troubles in a hurry.

I dont have trouble with my charging but tell me more about the r6/r1 regulator.

Not sure if Buster could do this here or not, on the Venture site, which is running Vbulliten 3.8.7, the search box has a google option in it. This allows for a more targeted type search from within the forum.

Picture attached of Venturerider.org search box.

Gary

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 8
use the Advanced Search. It's the third or fourth option in the "Search" Dropdown. http://www.vmaxforum.net/search.php

I generally use "wildcards", which are "*"s, and select "show posts".

so for example, if i wanted to search for carburetor needles, i would enter "carb* needle*" because most guys will type "carbs" in their post.

+1

And by including " " (inverted comma's) you can narrow the search down. In that case it wouldn't show up posts that say "the needle on my speedo..." because it needs the word "carb" in the same sentence, before it.

Latest posts

Back