Servo motor test

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the v boost servo motor be tested off the bike to be sure it cycles properly. Mine just feels likes its humming or vibrating when the switch is moved to run. Nothing is moving. :ummm:

Correct, a new box is in order, I'm sure. Contact [email protected] and he may have a good used one or PM me and I will give you another link if he can't help you. I like to support our forum vendors first and Sean Morely has the best support you can get.

Thanks I had contacted Sean and he gave me a run down on available boxes and how some were adjustable. Money is tight as the woman had ankle surgery and is not working. He also gave me some info as to how I may be able to fix the one I have temporarily. I will end up buying one of the adjustable ones as soon as I get caught up. Again thanks for the info. :punk:

Correct, a new box is in order, I'm sure. Contact [email protected] and he may have a good used one or PM me and I will give you another link if he can't help you. I like to support our forum vendors first and Sean Morely has the best support you can get.

Sean's after market controller is much better than OEM and if I had to buy one that's the route I would go......

Thought I would add to this thread, my servo was not working and just humming this weekend. I checked all the wiring and opened the control box to find it looked perfect. Flexed it around with no results. I ended up removing the airbox and gently moving the cable actuator and the thing took off working again. Almost seemed like it was just stuck in that one position for some reason....maybe from sitting all Winter? Tested it a dozen times turning the key on and off without fail, hopefully its all good!

I had followed the instructions in post 7 and if I flex the v-boost controller box it will work. Guess I need a new box!

I've had luck with opening up the controller box and re-soldering all the solder points. Sometimes this works. It's usually worth a shot before spending for another PCB.

Good luck.

Back