Should I wait for 2008?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charon

Reaction score
I was just about to pull the trigger and pick up a new 2006 when the salesman mentioned how different the 2008s will be. I haven't been able to find any great information on the 2008s so I was hoping you guys would give me your opinion.

First, apparently this is the last Vmax (2006 or 2007) in my metro area. (According to phone calls I made, not a salesman.) It has some kind of minor damage to the seat; it almost looks like adhesive, but I don't think thats what it is and the saleman said that the service department was unable to remove it. I've gone back and forth with the dude, but $9700+tax is the best deal he'll make me(which I believe is still a pretty good deal.).

Are the 2008s going to be that different? I heard they were going to get some major frame improvements. And, if they are that different, is the MSRP going way up also?

So, here's the actual question; At this point, would you take the deal on the 2006 or are the 2008's going to be so much better that they're worth waiting for? And, no I don't expect you to make a decision for me, I would just like to hear the opinions of some people who know the Vmax better than myself.

Here is a link with a bunch of pictures and info on the "New" Vmax....

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/Yamaha_Vmax.htm

It really comes down to if you like the new styling or not, I'm not a big fan of it right now, but it might grow on me as time goes on....

I'm not sure I would buy one of the very first ones of the line (or any first run motor vehicle for that matter), there are bound to be some bugs that have to be worked out on a total redesign like that..

Another conideration is cost. $9700 or $14+ for the new one.

Mark

That does make a HUGE difference. It was one of the things I was trying to find out. Is that a W.A.G. or has Yamaha released their MSRP for the 2008?

Yeah, it's a wag. Considering that the Roadstart Warrior which is a vtwin costs over $11000....and that's for a gutless engine.

Mark

So I was about to go down to buy the bike on Saturday when I found one listed on Craigslist with only 1000 miles. By the time I got a chance to call about it, it was too late so I waited till Sunday. Well, wouldn't you know it, the previous day, at almost exactly the time I was reading his ad, the guy took it down to trade it in; To the very place I was already negotiating with.

So, I go down today and tell them to talk to me about the Vmax they got in on Saturday. Immediately the guy starts trying to lie to me and tell me they gave $10,100 for trade in but he was going to make me a deal. I told him I knew exactly what he paid and if he lied to me again I'd ask for another salesman. I didn't actually know, but I did know the guy who traded it in wanted $9k for it on Craigslist and was dissapointed when he found out I had cash in hand, so I doubt he was mad that he traded it in for $1000 more than he could have sold it for. Then I offered him $8400, take it or leave it, I wasn't entertaining any counter-offers and he accepted it.

Needless to say, you guys are going to be seeing me 'round these parts more frequently. I look forward to joining your community.

Needless to say, you guys are going to be seeing me 'round these parts more frequently. I look forward to joining your community.

You already have M8...:banana:

Welcome and enjoy!

Cheers,
Currently without Chris... :bang head:

Back