Sidestand Circuit Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricko

Reaction score
My 85 sidestand switch seems to cut 2 cylinders when it's down and in gear. You can ride away with it down, but it quickly reminds you something isn't right. I've read that when you put it in gear with the stand down it should kill ignition. I haven't started going through components yet, but I'm thinking the relay is where I should look first. This morning it was running good and then went flat, like it does when the stand is down, and now it's running well again. Has anyone ever heard of the relay just partially working? It's kind of cool the way it gently reminds you the stand is down, but going flat while riding ain't cool.

The sidestand does kill the ignition, so it shouldn't run at all. Sounds like it might be another issue.

My 85 did the same thing and it is the sidestand relay, you can just unplug the relay until you get another one ( just remember that the sidestand cut off will not work when unplugged )

My 85 did the same thing and it is the side stand relay, you can just unplug the relay until you get another one ( just remember that the side stand cut off will not work when unplugged )
i THATS WHY ELSE I LOVE THIS FORUM , SOMEONE HAS ALWAYS HAD THE PROBLEM AND USUALLY HAS THE ANSWER QUICKLY ! . :punk:

Thanks Rhoy, and right on Cop Runner!:clapping:I think I better check the switch for what happened today.

Back