sidestand switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my side stand link doesn't line up with the side stand switch,pin doesn't contact the link when the sidestand is down.is there an adjustment for this as I can ride with stand down,help help this is a 2009 vmax

Something doesn't sound right, if you put the side stand up it should contact the push in the pin on the side stand switch. If it doesn't I'd see if you can disable it like I did on my Gen 1.

my side stand link doesn't line up with the side stand switch,pin doesn't contact the link when the sidestand is down.is there an adjustment for this as I can't ride with stand down,help help this is a 2009 vmax

You can ride with the sidestand down?

There. Fixed it for you Blax.

As far as that switch is concerned, I have accidentally bent it's mounting brkt before by getting in too much of a hurry while lifting my 09. All it took to correct was for me to get under there with a large screwdriver, and using it as a small pry bar, I was able to straighten out the bracket to where the kickstand came in contact with the switch as intended. From then on, every time I lift one of the Gen II's, I always be sure not to have part of the lift in contact with that switch bracket.

There. Fixed it for you Blax.

As far as that switch is concerned, I have accidentally bent it's mounting (BRACKET )brkt before by getting in too much of a hurry while lifting my 09. All it took to correct was for me to get under there with a large screwdriver, and using it as a small pry bar, I was able to straighten out the bracket to where the kickstand came in contact with the switch as intended. From then on, every time I lift one of the Gen II's, I (I'LL)always be sure not to have part of the lift in contact with that switch bracket.

There, FIXED it for you JIM, Jerry, Joshua, Jo ANN, JUDY.

Back