Sidestand trouble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
My bike will not turn off with the sidestand down in gear. This a very dangerous situation and I would really like to have it resolved.

I see where the sidestand relay is but am confused on how to properly test it?

I connected my multi-meter to the relay plug in just as it states but how am I suppose to test it with a battery? does this mean with the key turned to the on position on the bike?

Also I don't understand how this is testing the relay...if I disconnect the relay and test the plug in what does it have to do with the relay?

I also see an electrical line coming from the sidestand plunger all the way back up and around towards the battery. What should I be checking for in that area?

Thanks,
Abe

I would check the sidestand switch first. Just trace its wires to the connector, put a multimeter across the two connections, and operate the stand. You should see continuity with the stand one way, but no continuity the other. If not, your sidestand switch is faulty.

I would check the sidestand switch first. Just trace its wires to the connector, put a multimeter across the two connections, and operate the stand. You should see continuity with the stand one way, but no continuity the other. If not, your sidestand switch is faulty.

Thats the two wire switch that leaves the sidestand and goes under the battery/tank area on the left hand side correct?

Yep, correct Abe. If that checks out then next step is testing side stand relay. Turn key on and test voltage at black wire and black/white wire. Test with stand up and down. You should get 12 volts one test and 0 the other.

Latest posts

Back