Slow Progress

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxguru

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I am glad to be a new site sponsor and hope to be spending a little time here as my schedule allows. I also wanted to post a few things I have been working on. First being the Jumper Harness. Here is a pic of the prototype:

4645584246_152492bc25.jpg

I designed this to effectively make installing a PCV a plug and play process. In addition to the wires being labeled with the respective signal it carries, I have also included holes in the PCB for 12VDC, Ground, Digital Ground, Throttle Position Sensor, and the Speed signal. I have a few fine tweaks to make like sizing all the wire labels to the same size and I expect the enclosure to be here in a few days. This board was a introductory stepping stone for me to build upon. I plan to redesign this board in the future and integrate circuits into it effectively making them plug and play. I am currently considering circuits such as Speed Fooler - Error correction and Cruise Control. I am currently designing the board for the Top Fuel Faux Files that has everyones attention. I have completed writing the firmware and I am now looking at the analog LED circuits that will be mounted in each scoop.

Next, I pretty much have the ability to adjust all of the pertinent functions of the ECU. This has been a long and tedious process. I have been testing and adjusting a file for the prototype pipe made by Darren Crays. The file I have built has the ignition timing and YCC-T adjusted as well as each cylinder individually mapped to the performance characteristics of Darren's pipe. This has resulted in the highest horsepower and torque readings I have measured to date. I intend to bundle Darren's pipe and ECU flash into a KaHoot Kit. As time goes by, I will re-visit other systems and build a file for them as well.

Starting Friday, I will be traveling and I will have limited internet service if any at all. Forgive me if you do not get an immediate response from me.

Ride soon,
Tim Nash
GuruedGear.com
VMaxGuru.com

Last edited:
For those that have not seen Darrens pipe (pretty much no one has but a very few of us) I think you'll be very pleased with the overall design and fitment. I think Darren may eventually look at doing some additional work to it and make it even better but still more work to do.

I am sure Tim's work on the programmer will be a great addition too.

By, the way. Hello Tim, long time no talk! I think last I had talked to you was years ago when you were going to put a video together.

Sean

Hi Sean,

Yep. Back when I was a director for the VMOA, I tried to get some video together and make a nice one for the club. I didn't get enough to do a long one. Here is the teaser:

I can't remember who submitted the video of the female that pulled her top up while doing a burnout. Was that not you or not not you? ;0)

As for Darren's pipe, I have a couple of pics he sent:

4646765147_508323950a.jpg

4647380544_48ece8caea.jpg

His slip on design uses equal length tubes. It sounds and looks great with my Akro cans. Before he shipped it over, he welded 4 O2 bungs in it. I upgraded all of my equipment so I could read all 4 cylinders at the same time. During the testing of this pipe, I discovered that Dynojet mis-numbered the cylinders so that anyone that attempts to individually map each cylinder would go nuts trying to figure out what was wrong. Especially with Auto-Tune. That being said, it looks like the individual cylinder mapping will become one of the better performance upgrades most people will need to do. I am still testing what happens when the front cross over is plugged, but initial test show a slight increase from that too. This caused me to start looking at having a swedge plug made. Still on the fence on that one but it helps to read the front two cylinders if the cross over is plugged.​

I am loading up for a trip today but I will try to slip into the shop and download the dyno sheet to my thumb drive.​

More to follow,
Tim​

P.s. I have an 86 I want to resto. You have a place that can paint the block?​

You need to see some of the bead blasted and painted engines we have done (pics on the Morleys Muscle facebook site (and i think on the www.morleysmuscle.com site). We could do a complete freshen on the engine too before we shoot it.

It was not, not, me lol.
Sean

Hello Tim! Nice to see you as a site sponsor with some very exciting new products for us.. Slow progress? Hardly... It's only been 13 months since this event, and I KNOW you've learned a LOT more about the new Vmax since then :biglaugh: Can't wait to see the results with new pipe & re-flash :clapping:

Attachments

• Me-n-Jay.jpg
    Me-n-Jay.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 58
  • lee-jay.jpg
    lee-jay.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 47
  • peewee-launch.jpg
    peewee-launch.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 54
Back