so... sean morley,

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
1. what does your wife think about vmaxes? i mean how do you spend ANY time with her when youre in your garage 24/7?

2. if the vmax never existed, what bike would you have chosen for morley's muscle? (or morleys rice i dunno.)

3. you have sooooo much knowledge with the vmax bike, has yamaha ever.. you kwow... called you for design advice?

4. have you ever thought about giving up on vmaxes and moving on with your life? i mean why not choose something to tinker on that involves people with deeper pockets? like space ships.

5. do your friends know about your secret double life with vmaxes? or do they think youre just some lawn mower boy?

6. do you have any plans to start on gen2s? just how much longer do you think the gen1 market is going to last? is it slowing down any that you can tell?

7. the gen 2 isnt the lightest bike, or the best handling, or the fastest, or even the best MPG... but do you still like them?

1: She wasn't a bike gal at all when I met her but she has warmed up just fine to the Max. She has no desire to go to the shop and help but she doesn't mind when I do. She has a lot of family and likes to spend time over there so it all works out. She also works 3 nights a week so sleeps during the day and likes to sleep in even on the days she has off. So I just head to the shop for a bit after my day job.

2: I almost bought a V65 Magna but after finding out the problems they had with top end oiling I decided against it. The Vmax sounded so much better and looked so much cooler that it wasn't a tough decision.

3: Nope but my phone is almost always on. Short answer to them - make more power!

4: The thought does occur to me every now and then! But, I flush it down the toilet and get back to work.

5: I have tainted most of my friends and they have also bought Vmax's! I am actually the second person in the group to buy a Vmax. First friend got his in 1988 and we tore the shit out of that bike (he still has it - a 1986 model). I pretty much promptly borrowed another friends 85 and rode it so often he told me to keep it at my house and if he wanted to ride it he would borrow it back!

6: If I can get a wadded up gen 2 for cheap I want to gut one open and see what we can do with it. Anyone out there with deep pockets can holler at me! Send the bike here and I'll do something with it (note: more power). We've only been doing some chrome work on them so far. I do have a manual and a few parts but that's about it so far. We are actually working with another member to help make a very killer exhaust system and so far the initial numbers are awesome. When it's all said and done it will be part of a package that Tim (VmaxGuru) will help with too.

7: Yes. They aren't the fastest by any means but still killer. I just don't have the budget to own one but they are great bikes all around (ridden a few). They look a bit bulky to me and I like the scoops on the gen 1 more (smoother lines).

thanks for the interview

Attachments

• excellent.jpg
    excellent.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 28
Please don't take this as me tooting my own horn. It's amazing how I can relate to you being a Resident Expert / Guru, here at VMF.

Wow, this was great. You ended up where you are here about the same way I ended up where I am with AR-15. Com. I do Rimfire and Pistol Caliber. I think about moving on too. but there are people with questions out there and as long as I can give good answers, I'm there. The way you go after more horsepower and reliability, I go after more accuracy and reliability... I don't consider my self a genious but it seems that I give the right answers most of the time.

We really look up to you here and have a great deal of respect for your opinions. I look for your thoughts on every subject that I read here.

Thanx for the insight and your devotion to helping others better their VMax's.....

Hello Sean, thank you for all the help and advice for my 2003 vmax. after installing your kit/k&n filter the bike is running great. Can't wait to get a dyno.

I will refer others to you, because of your good service and knowledge .
Thanks,
Regards Gord McKenzie

Latest posts

Back