Speak Irish

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
Hey all. I know we have some Brothers here from Ireland & the UK. The wife & I are traveling to Ireland the first 2 weeks of June this year. She studies books on Irish culture a couple hours a day. I'm not much on books, but I'm going to be a sport & go along & have a great time. :biglaugh: Anybody have a few good tips on simple things we should know to get along while we're there? For example, here in the US if you say you're looking for some crack, it means you're looking for drugs - in Ireland (so she's been reading), looking for crack means looking for a good place to hang out & have some laughs. We're also wondering what is the difference between fucker & fecker (if there IS a difference). I have a couple apps on my Droid about Irish language, but they're pretty sorry. We've found that whatever country we visit, as long as we attempt to speak the language & practice the culture, people are pretty willing to help out. Any tips from Vmaxxers in the UK ?

tell everyone you meet that your great grandpa came over during the potato famine or sumthin

You should make a list of things to ask, like to learn an original Irish toast. Then write it down.
The best temp to drink Guinnes. Etc...You know...Usefull shit.
There might be a list of what NOT to say as well.

Latest posts

Back