Speedo sensor location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbellybill

Reaction score
I want to install the speedo healer because my speedo is off by 9-10%. Can anyone show me a picture of exactly where it is?

You need to splice into the speed input wire on the ECU. Pretty simple, I can give you more detail later when I'm done working, if you're interested.

Do you mean the sensor on the rear wheel that generates the signal for the speedometer? Here is a diagram showing that.

Attachments

• RearWheel.png
    RearWheel.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 23
Do you mean the sensor on the rear wheel that generates the signal for the speedometer? Here is a diagram showing that.

He does....but that's not where you connect on the VMax.

So the installation is simple. there are only 3 wires. Power (12V), ground and speed input. The speed input needs to connect to the ABS speed input wire on the ECU. It is the white wire with the yellow stripe on the big ECU connector. Luckily it's one of the wires right on the top (see diagram and photo).

I think the install kit comes with positaps that make the install easier than having to splice into the wire, like I did on my bike.

I have mine mounted under the left side, side cover.

ecu connector.png

IMG_20200616_214346.jpg
IMG_20200616_214421.jpg

I've included the install guide.

Attachments

• SHv4_U01_InstallGuide_en.pdf
    143.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Mark, what is the gurud gear box on the left side? is that the Fuse buddy box? If so, what do you think of it?

Mark, what is the gurud gear box on the left side? is that the Fuse buddy box? If so, what do you think of it?

Yeah. It's a pretty well thought out little device. I'm not really using it for much, but it is great for somebody that has a few accessories to power.

IMG_20200617_104954.jpg

Latest posts

Back