Spools and swingarm/ wheel lift

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we do. The current design is shorter to clear the various exhaust better. $50 plus postage.

Yes we do. The current design is shorter to clear the various exhaust better. $50 plus postage.

Is there any specific lifts that have to be used? In the thread it talked about the universal pitbull one.

Anything that has the width to get under your current "nuts" for the lower shocks and depth to reach past your tire should work. I am not sure how they calculate the effective lift height? The pitbulls I have are more expensive then is actually needed and a competent welder could make one pretty easily.

Anything that has the width to get under your current "nuts" for the lower shocks and depth to reach past your tire should work. I am not sure how they calculate the effective lift height? The pitbulls I have are more expensive then is actually needed and a competent welder could make one pretty easily.

The T-rex width is ok but the lift just isn't tall enough to touch the spools. This is even with my bike lowered 2+ inches.

Whatever lift folks are looking at I recommend calling the vendor and tell them the distance from the spools to the ground. They can then say either yay or nay.

Mark

Just an FYI, height is pretty consistent between all our bikes regardless of the current ride height. It's determined more by the tire size (and rim size).

Makes sense since shocks change the distance from swingarm to frame, not swingarm to ground.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey Sean,
I just saw a picture of the spools on your site.

I'm in the process of selling my '95 ZX9R, but now that I know about these spools, I'm going to keep my race stand for the Max.
I'll check to see if my stand looks like it would work with my Vmax and stock exhaust.

Where/how to order if I want a set?

Thanks,
Vinnie

Hey Sean,
I just saw a picture of the spools on your site.

I'm in the process of selling my '95 ZX9R, but now that I know about these spools, I'm going to keep my race stand for the Max.
I'll check to see if my stand looks like it would work with my Vmax and stock exhaust.

Where/how to order if I want a set?

Thanks,
Vinnie

The easiest way is to email Sean directly. [email protected]

Just say what you want, and he will reply with a price/shipping....etc.

I bought a set for the Verminator, pretty cool. I am going to make a lift. i made one for Edies Harley a few years back, pretty simple if you know how to weld. Yeah, i don't, so i will enlist some help.

I bought these spools from Sean and built a lift to fit. The after market lifts won't raise the bike high enough to remove the rear tire. The 180 radial has to be installed or removed vertical, and it's still pretty difficult to do without scratching up the wheels. I made the lift pretty tall so that changing the 180 tire would be a little easier. Now, I don't even have to remove the license plate.

Attachments

• 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 29
Back