Stage 1 jets now midrange cough & pop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troycurtis

Reaction score
I installed the Stage one Jets, K&N Filter and 4 into 1 Kerker in my VMax along with thorough carb cleaning. Reinstalled, sinced carbs. Engine runs good at idle,and seems strong with throttles open. Mid range or just cruising, it coughs, pops and sounds like it is probably not running on all four???? Is the position of the needles possibly part of the trouble?

Did you re-sync after making your carb adjustments? What jets did you change, just mains? What rpms is the popping occurring?

Mark

I installed the Stage one Jets, K&N Filter and 4 into 1 Kerker in my VMax along with thorough carb cleaning. Reinstalled, sinced carbs. Engine runs good at idle,and seems strong with throttles open. Mid range or just cruising, it coughs, pops and sounds like it is probably not running on all four???? Is the position of the needles possibly part of the trouble?

could be,where did you put them?

OK! it could be the old boots. the bike is an 86 model with over 40K miles. I guess that is where I need to start although the bike carbs sinc dialed in well. I am not real familiar with the Vmax engine but encountered no problems with the mod. At a nuetral rpm it just sort of acts like it is running on 3 cylinders ocassionally and just stuttersteps. When the throttle is wicked it picks up well. ???

Latest posts

Back