• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stage 7 carburetors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 7 carbs & filters these came off a running bike it idled perfect but cut out under hard acceleration probably jetted wrong it does have 175 jets which is pretty big. I just changed out the # 1 carb do to the air fuel screw being stripped & looked inside the other bowels & they were all really clean. All air fuel screws move freely now. . It will need new hoses on the stage 7 canister. It does not look like it has been long since someone was in them all the gaskets looked pretty new in the one I switched out. I would not expect to just put these on & go they will need tuned to your bike & possibly a light cleaning. $ 350 plus paypal fees & shipping . It is best to email me at [email protected] or call or text me at 813-270-0000 I do not have messenger on my phone so will only see it if I am on my pc.20181204_123113.jpg 20181204_123113.jpg 20181204_123118.jpg 20181204_123124.jpg 20181204_123129.jpg 20181204_123248.jpg

If you want to add a full aftermarket exhaust to your bike, email Kyle and buy these right-away! He is selling them for less than some are selling the Dynojet Stage 7 kit alone for! It's like getting the carbs for free!

Locate a used Kerker 4/1 and this setup/rack of carbs, a bit of elbow-grease to get it cleaned and installed, and join the 120 RWHP club. Notice: Cobra four-into-fours not-allowed.

Kyle, aren't the Dynojet jet sizes (DJ-165) a bigger number, but the same size as the stock USA 152.5 OEM size? So, those DJ-175's would be two (Dynojet) sizes (or four Mikuni sizes) above the stock 152.5 Mikuni main jets.

Stock Mikuni USA model VMax jets:
Main: Mikuni 152.5 (jet on top of jetblock)
Pilot fuel: Mikuni 37.5 (in jet block)
PAJ2: Mikuni 170 (behind slide diaphragm)
PAJ1: Mikuni 90 (top of carb next to main air jet)

(thanks to our moderator maleko89 for the above)

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/4716.pdf

Somebody took the time to polish the carb diaphragm caps, and to replace the phillips screws and the anti-tamper screws with allen-head cap screws. I have a tip: get those cruddy bodies looking much-better by using a Harbor Freight soda blaster. Just tape-up the mouths of the carbs, the float vents and the gas inlet and blast-away! You will be pleasantly-surprised when you see all the mung and dirt come-off, with ease. If you split the rack, you will find it easier to reach the parts, but it's not necessary, you can achieve a good result with them still assembled in the rack-of-four.

The vmaxoutlaw site is now owned by an attorney and has nothing to-do with Yamahas. It's a personal-injury attorney. Many of the forum-referenced links for Mikuni jets vs Dynojets are broken, too. This one was working today: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/cannondale/Mikunivs.dynojet.html

Last edited:
If you want to add a full aftermarket exhaust to your bike, email Kyle and buy these right-away! He is selling them for less than some are selling the Dynojet Stage 7 kit alone for! It's like getting the carbs for free!

Locate a used Kerker 4/1 and this setup/rack of carbs, a bit of elbow-grease to get it cleaned and installed, and join the 120 RWHP club. Notice: Cobra four-into-fours not-allowed.

Kyle, aren't the Dynojet jet sizes (DJ-165) a bigger number, but the same size as the stock USA 152.5 OEM size? So, those DJ-175's would be two (Dynojet) sizes (or four Mikuni sizes) above the stock 152.5 Mikuni main jets.

Stock Mikuni USA model VMax jets:
Main: Mikuni 152.5 (jet on top of jetblock)
Pilot fuel: Mikuni 37.5 (in jet block)
PAJ2: Mikuni 170 (behind slide diaphragm)
PAJ1: Mikuni 90 (top of carb next to main air jet)

(thanks to our moderator maleko89 for the above)

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/4716.pdf

Somebody took the time to polish the carb diaphragm caps, and to replace the phillips screws and the anti-tamper screws with allen-head cap screws. I have a tip: get those cruddy bodies looking much-better by using a Harbor Freight soda blaster. Just tape-up the mouths of the carbs, the float vents and the gas inlet and blast-away! You will be pleasantly-surprised when you see all the mung and dirt come-off, with ease. If you split the rack, you will find it easier to reach the parts, but it's not necessary, you can achieve a good result with them still assembled in the rack-of-four.

The vmaxoutlaw site is now owned by an attorney and has nothing to-do with Yamahas. It's a personal-injury attorney. Many of the forum-referenced links for Mikuni jets vs Dynojets are broken, too. This one was working today: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/cannondale/Mikunivs.dynojet.html
Here is the conversion chart https://yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/workshop/carb-jet-conversion-chart I started to tape these off like you were talking about & blast them but I figured for the price I am asking someone else could do it. LOL The bike they were on needed new spark plugs to but I was parting it out so did not mess with it much . Someone could probably do the shotgun on them (may not even need that ) Probably just tune them to there bike & be good to go. I priced them to sell surprised they are not gone yet.

Thread can be deleted

When you have high-quality pics and a sold price, it may be a good reference for someone looking to buy/sell. Would you consider leaving the thread up? If you want to protect your contact info, you could delete that.

The pics may even show someone trying to get his installation sorted, how to do it. For instance, I referenced another member's info in another thread about jet sizes and the difference between Dynojet and stock.

When you have high-quality pics and a sold price, it may be a good reference for someone looking to buy/sell. Would you consider leaving the thread up? If you want to protect your contact info, you could delete that.

The pics may even show someone trying to get his installation sorted, how to do it. For instance, I referenced another member's info in another thread about jet sizes and the difference between Dynojet and stock.
Can leave the thread if they want. I still have them but got tired of people complaining about dirty brackets the carb bodies ther self are pretty clean. I priced them really fare because the brackets were dirty. I am going to soda blast them tune them on my bike & probably almost double the price. So much for trying to give someone a smoking deal. It aint like you can see them when they are on the bike anyway.

If I didn't have a couple of spare sets I'd grab them. Dirty brackets and all. $600 is not out of line for stage 7 carbs ready to go on. Just the kits and filters are going to run $350. I've got to shine my brackets.

Can leave the thread if they want. I still have them but got tired of people complaining about dirty brackets the carb bodies ther self are pretty clean. I priced them really fare because the brackets were dirty. I am going to soda blast them tune them on my bike & probably almost double the price. So much for trying to give someone a smoking deal. It aint like you can see them when they are on the bike anyway.

Gee, that's surprising no one's taken them yet. As I mentioned, deals like this don't come-around often, especially from a known guy like CaptainKyle. A used full system for the exhaust and these carbs is about the cheapest way to go-fast.

Back