Still fighting the weak vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennsburgian

Reaction score
Lost my old post ??..Posted last week about my 98. turns out I have no fuel to #1 carb...tried a seafoam soak..tried compressed air...had some air flow...not sure how much is enough..had the bowl cover off and the needle out (and float) blew through with the needle out...not a ton of flow but some...new fuel filter...no flow out drain tube when I open the drain screw...running on basicly 3 cyls...What is the brass plug directly above the needle and seat...anybody remove one? tricks for unclogging ?

I think he might be referring to the float needle seat. If so, no clue how it would come out, if it comes out.

The needle seat comes out like removing a stuck case when reloading ammunition. Drill and tap the plug. Place a spacer and washer over the plug; thread in bolt and tighten. As the bolt is tightened, it comes up through the spacer. Buy a RCBS stuck case remover kit for reloading, it has everything you need.

He is referring to the seat - not the a/f plug----it can be jacked out a few ways buy not advisable unless your float needle is stuck in there---rare.

Oh, the plug over the seat? Some are brass, some are aluminum.

Jack it out with a 'C' clamp, the screen will flatten on the underside of the plug but can be 'domed' back out with a pencil eraser or similar.

Not much point in removing unless there is obvious damage.....toothpaste on a Q-tip, chucked in a hand drill, will polish the seat with it left in the carb body.

Oh, the plug over the seat? Some are brass, some are aluminum.

Jack it out with a 'C' clamp, the screen will flatten on the underside of the plug but can be 'domed' back out with a pencil eraser or similar.

Not much point in removing unless there is obvious damage.....toothpaste on a Q-tip, chucked in a hand drill, will polish the seat with it left in the carb body.
What brand of toothpaste would be very helpful Danny.:ummm::rofl_200:

What brand of toothpaste would be very helpful Danny.:ummm::rofl_200:

4 out of 5 dentists recommend pepsodent. You'll wonder where the crude all went, when you clean your carb with pepsodent:eusa_dance:

4 out of 5 dentists recommend pepsodent. You'll wonder where the crude all went, when you clean your carb with pepsodent:eusa_dance:
4 out of 5 dentist recommend TRIDENT gum ------Not gonna do it---wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.

Yes definately referring to the plug over the needle and seat...not pulling it un less absolutely necessary...just wanted to make sure there wasn't a brass screen under there restricting my flow.still kinda baffled by this one. been around enough carbs in my day that this just doesn't make sense...never saw a blockage that 100 psi of compressed air wouldn't blow out. It may be getting better the more I ride it but I don't want to hurt it running around lean, I will see what this week brings , may have to pull the carbs and ship them out to danny..lol @ pepsodent !

Back