stock exhaust problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombie6513

Reaction score
i have a 07 vmax there is some kind of vibration noise coming out of the left pipe at low rpm's it goes away after acceleration i was wondering if anybody else had this problem not sure what this might be....

Re: stock exaust problem

Not sure what the vibration could be.
Have you tried having someone hold the throttle while you investigate where the vibe is coming from?
You may also want to recheck all the bolts you can get a wrench on!
When I got my new 06, even after the dealer assured me everything had been check and re-checked I lost a bolt out of the fork brace after only 700 miles or so. Fookers...
Yeah, they haven't touched my bike since!

+1 to what Cowboy suggests and I am assuming left front exhaust - if so, take a rubber mallet and bang on the pipe, if you here a rattling sound, the inner pipe welds broke.

Mike

+1 to what Cowboy suggests and I am assuming left front exhaust - if so, take a rubber mallet and bang on the pipe, if you here a rattling sound, the inner pipe welds broke.

Mike

In which case, if it is that, Take it back to the dealer and make them give you a new exhaust under warranty!

thanks guys i'll try everything i can before heading back to my local dealer they are real dicks i hate even going there i bought through a different dealer in dallas.

Mike

Thats what I'm thinking, I went out and looked at mine hanging up, there are alot of weld points.

Its pretty stout and straight forward connection from the engine. If I were a betting man I would say that a weld came loose in the muffler too.

Also when your checking your bolts, don't forget the one undernieth by the center stand.

You should have the 4 clamps, the center mounting bolt and the bolts at the passenger footpegs.

Yeah I would think one of the welds on the heat shields to inner pipe came loose remember that chrome you see is not the actual pipe.

i have a 07 vmax there is some kind of vibration noise coming out of the left pipe at low rpm's it goes away after acceleration i was wondering if anybody else had this problem not sure what this might be....
I have a '93 v-max, I removed the front two header pipes and found that the inner pipe actually cracked all the way around the inside. It was rattling against the outer pipe.

Back