stock exhuast mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyhz

Reaction score
How do I drill out the stock baffle and open up the pipes while still keeping some sort of end cap on the pipes? I thought I saw a detailed post a year or two ago, but can't seem to find it. After almost getting hit in traffic, I need to increase the noise level a bit. After all, I do believe loud pipes can save lives. It's an 05 annivesary edition Thanks
Billy

Basically you do this: Drill the rivets holding the end caps and remove. Using a pointed punch mark in between the holes left from the rivets. Using a drill bit of the size you want (3/8", 1/2") the sound to come out of. Once you have all the holes drilled, remount the end caps with a 1/4" spacer and use a rivet to securely fasten the end cap back on.
Hope that helps.

Or,
About 13/14 inches down the center hole in each muffler is a baffel. I used a 1" Unibit on long drill bit extension and the bike really sounds great. Also opened up the "Y" by raising it as high as possible.
Lew

Just finished my 7/16" hole mod today.

What a great difference. And I will not be putting the end cap back on, either.

Brian

Latest posts

Back