Stuck Start Switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxist

Reaction score
Had a funny thing happen to me over the weekend. I was out on some erands and came out to start my bike. It started but ran like crap and both the red Fuel and Oil telltales were lit. Every time I tried to give it gas it just sputtered and wanted to stall. I shut it off and re-started, same thing, but then as it tried to stall, I heard the starter trying to kick in. I looked at the gray start switch and it didn't pop out all the way. I gave it a little flick, it popped out and everything went back to normal. What a relief, I was thinking I had some major electrical problem but luckily it was just the switch.

I had a similar problem with my start button sticking, I sprayed some WD 40 in the housing and it loosened up the button and it went back to working normaly. That may not be the right thing to do, but it worked for me......

+1 on joe's wd40 advice. that's what did. although it worked, it only worked for a few weeks for me and i ended up deciding to clean and re-lube the switch pod's electomechanics, which may be the route you prefer. I wrote up a how-to for this. it's in the how-to section: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17272

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Awesome thanks for the feedback guys!

Ninjaneer - By the way great write up on the procedure to clean the switch out! Thanks for sharing the link.

Awesome thanks for the feedback guys!

Ninjaneer - By the way great write up on the procedure to clean the switch out! Thanks for sharing the link.

Ninjaneer had a lot of great write ups on HOW TO'S but no one ever made a sticky out those important subjects he wrote about with very detailed instructions and pics:ummm::ummm:

Back