Sump Pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I have to replace my 8 year old sump pump and I want to get any experts out there opinion. Since my basement is on a high point in a all coarse sand area and is very dry. I do not even have drain pipe on the outside of my basement foundation so the sump only gets used to pump water from a utility sink/ washing machine up about 6'. I've had to clean the sump pump a couple times a year from lint that gets past my laundry strainer on the sink and would like to get away from having to do this procedure.
What I am looking at is getting a effluent pump and what my research has come up with is a Zoeller/ Little Giant/ Wayne as most popular mfgs. Since I know next to nothing about this subject other than what I have read the last couple days I know to look for cast iron constuction, submersible, cast iron impellars, sealed switches, and possibly a remote float to reduce the amount of times the pumps cycles on/off per laundry cycle. My sump pit is 20" diameter and 24" deep.
Here are a three that I found and looked like they would work:
Zoeller M57
Wayne EFL30
Little Giant 6E-CIA-SFS
I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks!

I have to replace my 8 year old sump pump and I want to get any experts out there opinion. Since my basement is on a high point in a all coarse sand area and is very dry. I do not even have drain pipe on the outside of my basement foundation so the sump only gets used to pump water from a utility sink/ washing machine up about 6'. I've had to clean the sump pump a couple times a year from lint that gets past my laundry strainer on the sink and would like to get away from having to do this procedure.
What I am looking at is getting a effluent pump and what my research has come up with is a Zoeller/ Little Giant/ Wayne as most popular mfgs. Since I know next to nothing about this subject other than what I have read the last couple days I know to look for cast iron constuction, submersible, cast iron impellars, sealed switches, and possibly a remote float to reduce the amount of times the pumps cycles on/off per laundry cycle. My sump pit is 20" diameter and 24" deep.
Here are a three that I found and looked like they would work:
Zoeller M57
Wayne EFL30
Little Giant 6E-CIA-SFS
I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks!
Hey brian, don't know tons about sumps themselves but def learned a bit about waterproofing! I've been happy with my basement watchdog brands so far

you need to get a better filter for the laundry. that lint will kill a pump.
i like the lil giant. but you still won't be able to adjust cycles. the pit is to short and narrow for a seperate or dual float operation. put a pantyhose over the laundry drain.
throw a new pump in and thats what you get. unless there is a way to bust out some concrete and tie the laundry into the sewer. ( but i bet your on septic)

Hey brian, don't know tons about sumps themselves but def learned a bit about waterproofing! I've been happy with my basement watchdog brands so far
DOH, I forgot all about your fight against water in the basement or else I would have just PM'd you! I'll lookup your brand.
you need to get a better filter for the laundry. that lint will kill a pump.
i like the lil giant. but you still won't be able to adjust cycles. the pit is to short and narrow for a seperate or dual float operation. put a pantyhose over the laundry drain.
throw a new pump in and thats what you get. unless there is a way to bust out some concrete and tie the laundry into the sewer. ( but i bet your on septic)
Yeah, I know the lint is a killer for sump pumps, I learned that after about 3 years into my house when it first got plugged and flooded. I started cleaning the intake and put a screen on the line(wasn't 100% effective it turns out) but I will try a nylons. I am on a city sewer, sort of, it only accepts liquids into the main system but it has a holding tank system at each home for solids which they pump as needed. My brother manages the water and sewer operations so he handles all the stuff outside the house.
I will look at the pumps locally but I have a feeling that they are going to be a lot more than (~$150 w/ shipping) pumps I saw online.
I appreciate your responses guys!

Back