Super Glue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
FYI.

Let's say you were to accidentally superglue 3 or 4 fingers together. Not just a little bit. I'm talking a shitload of glue between them all. Your hand is glued into a claw shape and trying to separate the fingers results in pain.

I've heard acetone is good for breaking it down. It's over rated. I would say its OK at best, based on real world experience.

I would rate PVC/ABS pipe cleaner as good, not great. The can I have is damn old. I believe it's mostly MEK. Its nasty stuff.

Braker cleaner didn't help much

It's all good. PVC cleaner worked good as noted. Took some scrubbing with a soaked rag.

I knew it was gonna happen going into it. It was a bad location. Couldn't see at all. Reach one hand in and hold part to be glued. Reach other in and apply glue.

Got it fixed. It cost me 15 minutes in separating and cleaning my fingers.

Glad it worked.

I recall in a Haz-Mat course I took years-ago, for my fire science degree, and fire inspector certification, the instructor referred to it as, "methyl-ethyl bad-shit." M-E-K is something that you want to use PPE when using it, to limit your exposure.

Heat from a blow torch breaks down Loctite and super glue pretty good but its not so great for the fingers lol

Um... I know "a guy" who tried to break the super glue bottle cap loose with his teeth. The bottle broke and super glue squirted into his mouth and over his teeth.
Needed a trip to the dentist to scrape it all off his teeth.

That is funny. I build r/c planes and have twisted the caps off like that. No accidents. Good he didn’t get it in the eyes.

Back