Supertrapp owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Cunningham

Reaction score
When I recently asked about stock jetting, I mentioned that I bought Supertrapps and installed all discs supplied - I think it was 7. It was suggested to use only 3 as 7 would cause the engine to run too rich. Any truth to this? What are you running with? TIA

When I recently asked about stock jetting, I mentioned that I bought Supertrapps and installed all discs supplied - I think it was 7. It was suggested to use only 3 as 7 would cause the engine to run too rich. Any truth to this? What are you running with? TIA
I have 12 on the right and 12 on the left. I have seen different combos, uneven stacks, but at the same time different width disc's. I haven't done any research but depends on how your running on the dyno to actually view the difference

I don't know about your setup but mine had about 10, maybe 11, and if nothing else it was way too loud, and I'm down to four on a side and it's still a little raspy for my flavor. The PO also put 160 main jets in and different pilots and a K&N filter. The plates looked like it was running rich but Dynotjet says to use 170 or 175 Mains with the basic setup I have but it does run pretty good.

I like the sound of 5 on mine but seems to run better with 6. Anymore is a little too loud for my taste.

Yes. Only mods=supertrapp slip ons and drop in K&N filter.

I have 12 on the right and 12 on the left. I have seen different combos, uneven stacks, but at the same time different width disc's. I haven't done any research but depends on how your running on the dyno to actually view the difference
I have 4 discs on each pipe now. When I got my 05 it had 11 on each side. Way, Way too loud for me and wouldn't run for crap until it had warmed up for ten minutes or so. When I got it the PO had put a Dynojet kit in it with 160 mains, their needle and new spring in the slide and pilot jets. Dynojet actually recommends a 165 or 170 with the setup as I got it. I think it runs far better with the four disc set up but I don't run it at full tilt either so who knows how it would be at continued full throttle. I'm not so sure I would like to know.

I have 4 discs on each pipe now. When I got my 05 it had 11 on each side. Way, Way too loud for me and wouldn't run for crap until it had warmed up for ten minutes or so. When I got it the PO had put a Dynojet kit in it with 160 mains, their needle and new spring in the slide and pilot jets. Dynojet actually recommends a 165 or 170 with the setup as I got it. I think it runs far better with the four disc set up but I don't run it at full tilt either so who knows how it would be at continued full throttle. I'm not so sure I would like to know.
Full pipes or just slip ons. Your end cap, does it have holes or solid blank? The PO for my 05 did it all for me, and it is vicious 😱

I believe full flow is achieved at 8 discs so anything beyond that doesn't increase flow.

GENERAL TUNING
SuperTrapp® exhaust systems are uniquely tuneable. Back pressure and noise level are controlled by the number of discs used. Note: Increasing the number of discs creates a larger exhaust outlet area and therefore, causes less back pressure but more noise. Conversely, removing discs increases back pressure but reduces sound level. A stock engine with stock jetting will not benefit from using more than 6 to 8 discs per muffler. Using more than 8 discs will require richer jetting to prevent a lean condition. Best all around performance will be achieved with a jet kit, an aftermarket air cleaner, and 18 to 20 discs depending on degree of engine modification. You can minimize discoloration by thoroughly cleaning and polishing the system before initial start-up, being sure the carburetion jetting is not too lean, and preventing long periods of engine idle

Note the very first part of your post. General Tuning.
With the Vmax CV carbs you'll see a richer condition when you install these. With the Vmax engines size and CFM you'll see max flow at 8 discs.

Latest posts

Back