Supertrapp slip on's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOST

Reaction score
Have any of you installed the Gen 1 VMax Supertrapp slip on's? I have used Supertrapp mufflers for a totally different app on my '77 CJ5. They had huge 5"openenings and they sounded incredible as header exhaust. Supurb quality too. I have also seen and heard the Supertrapp VMax slip on's on YouTube. What I would like to know is has anyone at this site has actually installed a set on their Vmax. Was the fitment good? Quality? Any discoloration on the stainless? Value by utilizing the stock head pipes versus a entire system? ( apx $500 for the slip on's or $1000 for a Marks complete setup) Please give me your Supertrapp slip on's review. We already know that Marks setup rocks. But the $500 difference is not chicken scratch. Hoping for some Supertrapp users to fill me in! Thanks all and Merry Christmas and New Year of riding our VMax's! :thumbs up: Dan Bradley

I installed them on my old 1985 years ago, they looked good and they are pretty loud. The last half of the stainless mufflers will discolor to a golden brown. Check Ebay, Sean or captain kyle for a good used set. I run HMF full exhaust on my 05 now, good luck.

Yeah I have the but my 97 is black stock. Love the sound. Also there's a guy on Craigslist selling a set of stainless ones for 375 in my area!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

If I bought the Supertrapps, I'd want them new out of the box. But most importantly, thank you for the reply! Dan

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts. If you want a good, loud sound for cheap get supertrapps. But if your looking to get more power do things like jetting and such, get marks and don't waste your cash on the trapps. I do love mine but they came on the bike. Of I was stock I would just go with marks. I also plan to up grade to marks so day!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

We have very good prices on new Kerker/Supertrapp systems. They will give you absolutely no performance gains in regard to HP. They do sound better then stock but not as good as the header. I'll tell you like I tell others that are wanting to buy them (and I sell plenty of them). I would save the money and get a full system when you can.

BUT, you can also buy these from me for now, Use them for a while, then sell them and not take a beating on them when you are ready for a full system. Don't bother with any jet kits as well. Put in 147.5 mains (we also have them) and go.

Sean

Sean, What would be the cost with shipping on the stainless Supertrapps slip on's to 98391...Washington state? Dan

Latest posts

Back