Technique for Removing Grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick78

Reaction score
I just got a set of drag bars that came with new ProGrips. However, I'd prefer to keep the original grips that were on my stock bars. Does anyone know a tip or trick to remove the left hand grip from the stock bars so it can be reused on the new drag bars?

Thanks for the help.

I just got a set of drag bars that came with new ProGrips. However, I'd prefer to keep the original grips that were on my stock bars. Does anyone know a tip or trick to remove the left hand grip from the stock bars so it can be reused on the new drag bars?

Thanks for the help.

Pop the end cap off the bar........try to twist the grip and slowly work it off.....a little moisture under it can help too....

No real trick......sometimes they come off easy.......sometimes they don't:confused2:

Carb cleaner or brake cleaner and a small tip on an air gun. The cleaners help remove any glue and the air pressure helps to break the seal. Twisting as noted above helps too.

Good luck

Jeff

very thin screwdriver. i've removed them a couple times. its a pain each and every time.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was able to get the grip off by using a small flathead screw driver to slide between the grip and the bar and work it around until I freed the grip all the way around.

Back