THAT'S why I bought her

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke86max

Reaction score
As some know I have been fighting electrical problems for some time now. After new wiring harness, new relays, new Battery, COP upgrade, Misc. parts from Sean as well as another TCI from Sean, new back tire, new fork seals, new front brakes and lots of other crap I've forgot. I finally got to take it for a short ride today. The bike ran great I am a little leary about going too far just yet because pushing it back home is still fresh in my mind.

I have been so frustrated and aggrevated with this thing but I hung in and got it fixed (fingers crossed). I'm not saying this to toot my horn but more hoping someone else who is fighting something they think is a lost cause to keep fighting.

The best thing is to take advantage of the resources like the experienced people here and the great program Sean offers. That program was my biggest help if it wasn't for being able to try the computer before I bought it I would have sold the bike as is for a big loss.
Thanks to all who answered my questions and to Sean Morley for offering such a great program to anyone who asks it is greatly appreciated.

Later
Duke

WOW I'm glad you sorted it at last! What was it in the end that did the trick? Is your tach ok? Everything working as expected? Electrical gremlins are so hard to chase and I felt so bad tellin' ya to get a fresh harness and then it didn't fix your problem like it fixed mine..

Well done for hanging in there tho, job well done!

Gary and other moderators - any awards for people who go the extra mile when it's time to give up but don't?

Thanks Naughty in the end it was the TCI box that fixed it. Everything is working except the neutral light. It is on when the bike is in neutral and everytime I pull in the clutch. I think I need to replace the fuel tank sending unit as well because the light comes on at about 1/2 tank and I have to switch to res.
But I am just happy to have her back up and running.
Thanks for your help the wiring harness needed replaced anyway believe me.
Duke

For all the bad things and people the Internet gets blamed for , there are places and people like this forum that make it worth putting up with the negatives...:punk:

Duke86max: I've felt the same pain. There was a time I thought seriously about shooting my 94. It looked to be in perfect condition when I bought it. So many little things had been left sit too long. I've had Strafer going on 5 years now. I actually gave it a name after things started coming together. I've found that overall, things are in pretty good condition. It wasn't ridden much before I became the owner and that is definitely harder than putting some miles on the clock.

Now, I'm hoping to find another VMax that somebody gave up on. So I can do it all over again.. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a Gen II.

I can attest that any parts you get from naughtyG will be very little gamble to you. He's a Great Person and Brother VMaxer... Not that he needs any references.:clapping:My bike's running so good in part to his help.

Back